“Great time!”

Happy Trails Hawaii
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Aloha! Please join us as we celebrate our 25th year of providing a top quality guest experience on Oahu's scenic north shore of Hawaii. Nestled on the hilltop above picturesque Waimea bay, our well trained horses and professional guides escort you through our hidden island paradise. Explore nature's rustic charm as you ride along trails that weave through sun-filtered forests, fern laced valleys and organic tropical fruit orchards. Enjoy a "taste of Hawaii" as you sample our seasonal ranch grown varieties of bananas, guava, star and passion fruit. Capture panoramic ocean and mountain views at scenic vistas along your trail ride. Come, share in our spirit of aloha and the pleasure of horseback riding with Happy Trails Hawaii.
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Happy Trails was great! We have 3 children, ages 8, 11, &14; and although they are experienced in riding horses, being a mom, I was concerned about the horses with which they were placed. Well - NO WORRIES at Happy Trails! The Staff and Horses are wonderful. A brief overview before the ride and we were off on a great adventure with Robert, our trail guide. Highly suggest Happy Trails. We will be back!

All reviews
"whole family"
in 7 reviews
"well worth the money"

Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend is a avid horseman and I 'm a casual trail rider, so we did some research online to find the perfect riding experience and we did!

The owner and guides are wonderful and incredibly interesting people. The horses are all beautiful thoroughbred polo horses, which are extremely well trained.

The senery is gorgeous with Pacific Ocean in the distance and opportunity for individual photos. ( they will take your picture with your own camera, so no need to buy any pictures)

It was the perfect horseback riding experience in paradise with wonderful people who love horses and what they do.

Here to Mark!

2  Thank Y B
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Our ride with Mark was by far the greatest experience with horses that my three daughters and I have ever had. Imagine the feeling of being on a thoroughbred for the first time! Our horse-riding experiences in the past were not so good (old horses that were more interested in munching than riding). Not the case with Mark's horses! The ride was filled with stories of how each of our mounts had galloped the polo field with other champions in their "hay day" (forgive the pun). They were all so gentle; and guess what? No bits in their mouths! All it took was a gentle nudge to turn, trot, or halt. We all learned a lot, but mostly, we just had the greatest day of spring break we've ever had. Thanks Mark!

2  Thank Joseph O
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We managed to include a horseback riding towards the end of our week-long stay in Haleiwa. It was indeed a great addition to wrap up our trip up in the north shore. I have never been on a horse before and I felt like I was a natural at it:) That's how great the horses were; they were very well-trained. Mark and Trish were excellent guides. Trish was great at making us at ease with the horses. My son (9 yrs) was right behind her on the trail and she kept on checking on him to make sure all's well. My daughter (10 yrs) was not sure about the big horses at first, but it didn't take long for her to feel comfortable and enjoying herself. The ride itself was on a beautiful trail. Lots to see and it was peaceful out in the woods. The view towards the end of the ride was amazing. We were so glad that we did the horseback riding. Thanks Mark & Trish!

1  Thank DayungBidayuh
See more reviews
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Mahalo to Mark and Bev for hosting us last week on our trail ride. It was such a relaxing and therapeutic ride for us busy Therapists on the "Big Island". Your graciousness was beyond expectation. We loved our horse guides; Aloha and Bunny! The trail was peaceful, soft and tranquil. Weaving through ironwoods, banyans and java plums trees on soft red clay while a sweet smelling tropical breeze blew brought me to another place and time. At one point I felt like I was riding through Sherwood Forest or a Fairy tale. Of course the view of the distant ocean and mountains was pretty spectacular too. Mahalo Nui Loa and A Hui Hou!

1  Thank Lynne B