“Exciting "adventure" for the whole family!”

Happy Trails Hawaii
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Aloha! Please join us as we celebrate our 25th year of providing a top quality guest experience on Oahu's scenic north shore of Hawaii. Nestled on the hilltop above picturesque Waimea bay, our well trained horses and professional guides escort you through our hidden island paradise. Explore nature's rustic charm as you ride along trails that weave through sun-filtered forests, fern laced valleys and organic tropical fruit orchards. Enjoy a "taste of Hawaii" as you sample our seasonal ranch grown varieties of bananas, guava, star and passion fruit. Capture panoramic ocean and mountain views at scenic vistas along your trail ride. Come, share in our spirit of aloha and the pleasure of horseback riding with Happy Trails Hawaii.
Ottawa, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Exciting "adventure" for the whole family!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We managed to include a horseback riding towards the end of our week-long stay in Haleiwa. It was indeed a great addition to wrap up our trip up in the north shore. I have never been on a horse before and I felt like I was a natural at it:) That's how great the horses were; they were very well-trained. Mark and Trish were excellent guides. Trish was great at making us at ease with the horses. My son (9 yrs) was right behind her on the trail and she kept on checking on him to make sure all's well. My daughter (10 yrs) was not sure about the big horses at first, but it didn't take long for her to feel comfortable and enjoying herself. The ride itself was on a beautiful trail. Lots to see and it was peaceful out in the woods. The view towards the end of the ride was amazing. We were so glad that we did the horseback riding. Thanks Mark & Trish!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank DayungBidayuh

• Korean first
Keaau
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“True Aloha & Tranquility! Mahalo from the ladies of Hawaii Island.”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Mahalo to Mark and Bev for hosting us last week on our trail ride. It was such a relaxing and therapeutic ride for us busy Therapists on the "Big Island". Your graciousness was beyond expectation. We loved our horse guides; Aloha and Bunny! The trail was peaceful, soft and tranquil. Weaving through ironwoods, banyans and java plums trees on soft red clay while a sweet smelling tropical breeze blew brought me to another place and time. At one point I felt like I was riding through Sherwood Forest or a Fairy tale. Of course the view of the distant ocean and mountains was pretty spectacular too. Mahalo Nui Loa and A Hui Hou!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Lynne B
“Great Ride at Happy Trails!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Loved our ride. We arrived early and Robert greeted us and since we were the only ones on this ride offered to go out immediately. Robert was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful throughout the experience. Very relaxing ride with beautiful views. After our ride, we took Robert's recommendation and ate at Romy's shrimp truck which was awesome and spent some time laying out on Sunset Beach. Great ride, great day!

Richmond, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great day at Happy Trails!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We just returned from a trip to Hawaii where we included horseback riding at Happy Trails as one of our activities. Mark greeted us when we arrived. He was brushing one of the horses. Mark gave us all a brief but thorough "how to saddle-up and steer" orientation. He and Robert (pretty sure it was Robert) guided our group throughout the ride. There were seven of us - I rode Jewel, my husband rode Kolohe (Rascal), my adult son rode Bunny, my adult daughter rode Prima, my adult sister rode Ginger, my 7-year old nephew rode Carlita, and my 8-year old niece rode Bella. I noticed that they put the two little ones on what seemed like the biggest horses. As we went along on our ride I learned that the larger horses - at least the ones the kids rode - were much more mild mannered. My horse, the only white'ish one in the group, was very testy. Mark said she may be PMSing! LOL! She stopped along the way to eat from the brush and she trotted (which Mark said is her style) a bunch through the ride. She did not want a horse to come too close behind her and several times she either nipped or kicked at the horses who were nearby. She definitely gave me a fun ride! Rascal was also a little more rigged but my husband never felt unsafe riding him. All the other horses gave nice rides and were very well mannered. We all thoroughly enjoyed our rides! The ride took us through the mountains with a few spots that provided a beautiful view of the ocean. It had rained pretty heavily the night before so the trails were very muddy, causing the horses to slip (but never falling!) several times throughout the ride. I liked that Mark took my camera to take pictures of our group rather than have a professional photographer there to gouge us of more money. Mark was very personable and provided great customer service. We highly recommend Happy Trails to you for your next visit to Oahu's north shore!! Thank you to Mark for showing us a great time!

Visited February 2013
Schofield Barracks, Hawaii, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“"11th Birthday Party"”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We took my daughter and her friends to Happy Trails for her 11th birthday. It was an amazing experience. We got to see a part of Hawaii that most tourists don't get to see. It was a beautiful trail through gorgeous Hawaiian terrain and vegetation. We also got a million dollar view on a mountainous overlook of the North Shore. My daughter and her friends had an unforgettable experience and were even able to guide their own horses! Afterwards the owners let the girls help "groom" a horse. The staff was so friendly and welcoming...they went beyond amazing in the customer service department! We will definitely be back!

Visited December 2012