“Great surf experience!”

Uncle Bryan's Sunset Suratt Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Uncle Bryan Suratt presents, Sunset Suratt Surf Academy. Located on the North Shore of Oahu, home of Hawaii's most famous surf spots, Uncle Bryan prides himself on having the best trained surf instructors in Hawaii. All of our instructors are pro-level surfers themselves. Our surf school develops skills for longboard, short board, and stand-up paddle surfing. We take 6-month-old babies and adults in their 70s out for their very first time! Our surf lessons are for all ages and all levels, we teach surfers from beginners to pros. Sunset Suratt Surf Academy's classrooms are in the ocean from Sunset beach to Pipeline to Haleiwa, for a safe, guided hands on experience in the world of surfing. "It will be the most rewarding and thrilling gift that you can give to yourself or a loved one. A cherished experience of a lifetime. GO FOR IT!"Looking for a surfboard to rent while on the North Shore? Look no further. We got 'em—from shortboards to longboards to stand-up paddle boards! Sunset Suratt offers quality surfboard rentals.
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Uncle Bryan's Surf School was a great experience in Hawaii. I had never surfed or done anything close in my life and was up and surfing on my first try. The instructors were great and the service was first class. They were very organized, safe, and made the experience very enjoyable. If you are thinking of going surfing or learning to surf in Hawaii, Uncle Bryan's Surf School is the way to go!

2  Thank Brian T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,068)
All reviews
in 26 reviews
"laid back"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Uncle Bryan's Surf School is definitely a must-do when you are in Hawaii! I was very nervous at first. I did not know how to swim and had no idea what to expect. The instructors were very helpful and friendly. They definitely know what they are doing! They were all very patient and fun teachers which made the experience even better. My first time getting up on the surfboard, I rode the whole wave through. It was such an exhilarating and breathtaking experience that I was no longer afraid of the water or even cared that I did not know how to swim. Uncle Bryan is also such a cool guy and made everyone feel like Ohana. Thank you so much!

3  Thank Chua X
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Uncle Byran and his crew made a promise that each person in our group (about 30 people) would be up on a surf board by the end of our lesson. I was not sure this would happen. Once I met the instructors, I was so impressed with how patient and kind they were to all of us! We spent about 10 minutes on the beach learning how to get up and before I knew it, we were all in the water getting up on our own surf boards! Each time I went, the instructors had little tips to help me do better and it made a difference. The instructors never complained or seemed bored, and showed us some cool tricks they could do too. I had so much fun and I definitely recommend learning how to surf from Uncle Byran and his crew!! You won't regret it.

1  Thank SamanthaDunfee D
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I had tried surfing a few times before we went to Uncle Bryan's and I loved surfing. After the day I spent with the surf instructors there I had a whole new outlook on surfing. It was such an amazing experience and I will never forget the day I spent there! It was so much fun, the instructors were all so great to hang out with on top of being extremely helpful. When they guarantee you to stand up, they mean it! By far the best way I spent my money in the two weeks I spent in Hawaii.

3  Thank baileycaldwell