“Awesome for first-time surfers!”

Uncle Bryan's Sunset Suratt Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Uncle Bryan Suratt presents, Sunset Suratt Surf Academy. Located on the North Shore of Oahu, home of Hawaii's most famous surf spots, Uncle Bryan prides himself on having the best trained surf instructors in Hawaii. All of our instructors are pro-level surfers themselves. Our surf school develops skills for longboard, short board, and stand-up paddle surfing. We take 6-month-old babies and adults in their 70s out for their very first time! Our surf lessons are for all ages and all levels, we teach surfers from beginners to pros. Sunset Suratt Surf Academy's classrooms are in the ocean from Sunset beach to Pipeline to Haleiwa, for a safe, guided hands on experience in the world of surfing. "It will be the most rewarding and thrilling gift that you can give to yourself or a loved one. A cherished experience of a lifetime. GO FOR IT!"Looking for a surfboard to rent while on the North Shore? Look no further. We got 'em—from shortboards to longboards to stand-up paddle boards! Sunset Suratt offers quality surfboard rentals.
Reviewed October 4, 2012

If you are a first time surfer and are looking to experience a great surf, you must go to Uncle Bryan's Sunset Surrat Surf School. Go for the 8:30am since it is a bit cooler during that time of day, not to mention it's less crowded. The instructors are awesome and provided easy-to-learn surfing instructions. I crashed on my first wave but then caught 4 or 5 waves. The initial feeling of your surf board catching the wave and having the wave push you forward is an absolutely thrill. Remember to take your time standing up, you have plenty of time! Thanks again Uncle Bryan for being so courteous and accomodating. No questions asked and just had an awesome experience. One of the two best activities I did while in Hawaii. Have fun!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,068)
All reviews
in 26 reviews
"laid back"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Our experience with Kalani was great! He was very supportive and gave sound surf advice! He was encouraging and polite to others in the water! You can tell he was very well-respected by other surf instructors as well! He got my cousin standing up on the first push! Incredible!

I definitely recommend lessons from Uncle Bryan's!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Having relocated to living on the North Shore, I wanted to learn how to surf. At first, I chose Uncle Bryan's because they they came recommended by my neighbors and they use real surf boards. After taking the lesson, I learned firsthand why Uncle Bryan's and his surfing crew came recommended - they know their surfing and teach you the step-by-step basics to get you surfing your first wave quickly and safely. I've taken my 6- and 8- year old kids for lessons and they had a blast and learned a lot. Whether you live on the islands or are just visiting, you won't be disappointed you surfed with Uncle Bryan's and I recommend them to all my visiting friends. While you won't go wrong with any of the instructors, I highly recommend Conor and Bobby.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Had an incredible adventure! Thanks to Joel our instructor (amazing patience and guidance) and Heath our photographer (who was kind enough to switch paddles with me) I was able to relax enough to enjoy my first experience paddle boarding. My husband and I both highly recommend this school, Uncle B is such a warm, friendly man as were Joel and Heath. Thank you all so much for an unforgettable time and we hope to return in the near future. Take Care, be safe!
John and Susan Allen