“Great Sunsets”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Jameson's By The Sea - CLOSED

Jameson's By The Sea
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Haleiwa, Hawaii
“Great Sunsets”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Jameson's has one thing to offer - Outstanding Sunsets.
Otherwise, the food is uninspired. The service very spotty. Delivering cold food doesn't seem to bother the wait staff at all! The physical building is dated and a victim of too much deferred maintenance.

However, the bar is good.

• Visited August 2013

Wahiawa, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We will never go back!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We went to Jamesons' tonight for dinner because we had heard pretty good reviews from friends. However, it was terrible. My husband had the baked stuffed shrimp. It was the worst shrimp we have had. It was so severely over cooker that the shrimp was hard and tasteless, and the crab stuffing almost tasted old. The baked potato he had with it was not done and still a little hard. The bernaise sauce that came with it tasted like burnt vinegar. When we said something at the end, the waiter just said i'm sorry it wasnt good and walked off. We should have sent the dish back, but my husband did not want to wait another 1 1/2 hours for another dish. The rueben was good, but it's hard to mess up a rueben. We spent too much money there for a bland, over cooked meal and semi ok service. Over priced for the quality! I would not return here if it were the last restaurant left on oahu!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Reif85
Minnesota
“Yummo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We stopped at Jameson's after our cousin from Alaska told us about it over the phone...the food was great and the outside seating was clean and great view. Can't go wrong with their burgers and the crab melt sandwich was awesome!

Tahoe City, California
“Great Sunset View, Wonderful Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

I've eaten at Jameson's before on business trips to Oahu and enjoyed those meals. This past Tuesday night I was finally able to take my wife to Jameson's. We called just 90 minutes before to make a reservation and was told it was a slow night and that we'd have no problem getting a table outside with a great view of the sunset. We weren't disappointed. It was a pleasant evening, just a little traffic driving by, and a great sunset.
We both really enjoyed our meals. We shared Thai shrimp summer rolls and had both of their dipping sauces, a peanut sauce and spicy Thai chili sauce. Try both. The summer rolls were good but not great (they need a bit more avocado and shrimp). My wife thoroughly enjoyed her Crab/Shrimp Combo Louie salad. It was huge and she could not finish it. I ordered a combo plate as well. It had Ahi Tuna, Shrimp, and Scallops with garlic linguini. The Ahi made the meal. It was outstanding. I had the shrimp and scallops blackened and they were tasty.
Service was prompt and attentive.
While dining, we noticed a sizeable gift shop inside. We stopped in for a few moments to browse and purchased a few mementos/gifts.
We'll return to Oahu and I'm certain my wife will suggest we return to Jameson's. It was the best dining experience we had on Oahu during a week long vacation.

• Visited December 2013
denmark WA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude huge tip demanded”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

We went here by chance, getting a poor food experience. We have five children , so a group of seven our bill came to just over $200, but they had added and written large group gratuity 18%, nearly $40
We weren't demanding in the least we came we ordered once we ate some of it cause it was awful we got our bill then we left, forever, never to return. I suggest you don't either

• Visited December 2013