“Good happy hour, nice lanai”
Review of Jameson's By The Sea - CLOSED

Jameson's By The Sea
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We ordered from the happy hour menu: clam chowder (short on clams but tasty), calamari (large breaded calamari steaks were amazingly tender), cross-cut fries from fresh potatoes, and Guiness on draught. Added to a sunset and friendly server, what's not to like?

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We had been told that Jameson's was the best on Island, and we were excited to go there after a long drive around the island . The rolls were tasty and dinner salad was very tasty with the house dressing. However the time between finishing our salads and meals delivered to table was about 25 minutes. When it did finially arrive it was only warm. The shrimp and scallops had great taste for only being warm. The fish was not as moist as I would have hoped for. My main complaint is that the server (older lady) I cannot remember her name. She walked by our table more than twenty times taking orders for tables behind us, never asked if we were ok and all of our glasses remained empty, and two of them were empty when she delivered the food. I will not ask for a refill, as I was raised / worked in my Moms restaurant, so I know service. I would never go back, and would advise other people not to go there. I tipped her 1% on a $121.41 meal for 3

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We also stopped for lunch after our shark adventure. I thought lunch was good, but very pricey. We did have the fresh fish, but just basic plates - cole slaw and rice. Two beers and our bill was close to $80. Nice scenery though.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

The Thai shrimp appetizer was delicious. However, the pink snapper was a bit dry. Also the mahi mahi was thinly cut. While the view we great we felt for the quality if the food it was over priced. They seve garlic bread with dinner hit it was too crispy for my taste. I suggest just going for quick drinks and apps but not a full dinner meal.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I ate at Jemeson's By The Sea two times. Once was at lunch, and the other at dinner time. The food was well-prepared and the service excellent. I found that if you look online before you go, you can find some half-price coupons (lunch) that make this a real bargain. During our lunch, we ate outside and watched people learning how to stand-up paddle, followed by a flock of gulls landing just across the street. What a wonderful place to be!