“They will get you hooked!”

Surf Hawaii Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Let surfing enhance your life! Surf Hawaii - Surf School is one of the most respected surfing school in Hawaii and on the North Shore of Oahu. The owner Edison de Paula is the head coach, with more then 25 years of experience. We teach surfing lessons, stand up paddle lessons and we run our Surf Camps designed to enable surfers of all ages and skill levels to live the dream of riding waves on the beautiful beaches of Hawaii. Surfing with Edison and his team of professional instructors is an exhilarating, healthy and natural experience available on the North Shore of Oahu. See what a difference professional surf instruction and the latest technology can make. Edison's surf school, a qualified professional surf coach that will make your dreams of surfing a reality! They are carefully selected, experienced instructors and experts in surfing. Our surf instructors are Lifeguards, CPR and First Aid certified.
Brussels, Belgium
“They will get you hooked!”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

It's already 3 times that I have been to this surfcamp and I could never ask for anything better! All teachers are amazing surfers and they will get you on your first wave with simple instructions.

The place to stay (Jenni's) is nothing short of a paradise (includes a jaccuzzi at the terrace with a breath-taking view) and besides surfing, it is the best reason to go back there every time. People are super friendly and fun, they show you the best of Hawaii and they make the experience of Hawaii a life-changing one.

I cannot recommend this place enough! I will keep going there again and again, though I leave on the other side of the globe. I just love it!

Visited October 2013

Westminster
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great fun for the family”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We had an awesome time with Edison as he taught us how to surf. Edison was very professional, had everything we needed to have a great day learning to surf. He made sure we found the best location with the appropriate waves for our inexperience east coast family. Although I never could get up on the board, Edison was patient with me and tried really hard to keep me excited about being out there. My husband and 20 year old son had no problems keeping up and riding the waves of the North Shore.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank mickeyfan69
Fuzhou, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“lessons fulfilling my own dream”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I just came back from this 4-day hawaii surfing lesson with all the satisfaction of my dream realization. I have to owe my truly hearted thanks to Edision, who aided me with the conquest to my fear to the ocean and also with the enjoyment of standing on the surfing board, being chased by waves. Following Edison's instruction, surfing dream came to be reality sort of easily. That should be one of the most beautiful moments in my life. And I think that's just a beginning of my surfing experience, and that of the friendship with Edison as well.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank daoming l
Vejen, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The best surf camp!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I booked the surf camp stay for a week in august 2012. After searching the internet for hours i finally found an overnight surf camp in Haleiwa, Oahu! And i'm sooo glad i booked my trip to Edisons surf camp!
I had such a great time, surfing everyday with Edison or Bruno - the great instructors. Even though I travelled alone I wasn't bored, because of the including extra activities, such as yoga, SUP, beach and island tour, sunset barbeque and I spent some time with the others guests at the camp.

I will pick this surf school / camp again the next time i travel to hawaii, and i recommend it to everyone who is considering taking a surf lesson on Oahu - beginner or not, or if you are staying for a week or more at the surf camp!

Warning: if you surf once, you might be hooked for life... I know I am!! ;-)

Visited August 2012
6 Thank Camilla M
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One Week of Surf Lessons”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have spend a full week with Edison and Jenni. The accommodations are in super conditions and are located right behind Haleiwa on a small river. The house and backyard are just lovely and can be used for relaxing or maybe for a trip Stand-Up paddling on the river into the ocean.
The main reason to come was to learn surfing. The teacher was awesome and so I was able to pick up the basic steps within one week. In the end I managed to ride about 30 - 40 waves over a span of 7 lessons. The surf locations are great for beginners.

All in all, I can totally recommend the surf school. I hope I'll come again next year!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank chhenning

Been to Surf Hawaii Surf School? Share your experiences!