“The best surf camp!”

Surf Hawaii Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Let surfing enhance your life! Surf Hawaii - Surf School is one of the most respected surfing school in Hawaii and on the North Shore of Oahu. The owner Edison de Paula is the head coach, with more then 25 years of experience. We teach surfing lessons, stand up paddle lessons and we run our Surf Camps designed to enable surfers of all ages and skill levels to live the dream of riding waves on the beautiful beaches of Hawaii. Surfing with Edison and his team of professional instructors is an exhilarating, healthy and natural experience available on the North Shore of Oahu. See what a difference professional surf instruction and the latest technology can make. Edison's surf school, a qualified professional surf coach that will make your dreams of surfing a reality! They are carefully selected, experienced instructors and experts in surfing. Our surf instructors are Lifeguards, CPR and First Aid certified.
Vejen, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The best surf camp!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I booked the surf camp stay for a week in august 2012. After searching the internet for hours i finally found an overnight surf camp in Haleiwa, Oahu! And i'm sooo glad i booked my trip to Edisons surf camp!
I had such a great time, surfing everyday with Edison or Bruno - the great instructors. Even though I travelled alone I wasn't bored, because of the including extra activities, such as yoga, SUP, beach and island tour, sunset barbeque and I spent some time with the others guests at the camp.

I will pick this surf school / camp again the next time i travel to hawaii, and i recommend it to everyone who is considering taking a surf lesson on Oahu - beginner or not, or if you are staying for a week or more at the surf camp!

Warning: if you surf once, you might be hooked for life... I know I am!! ;-)

Visited August 2012
6 Thank Camilla M

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One Week of Surf Lessons”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have spend a full week with Edison and Jenni. The accommodations are in super conditions and are located right behind Haleiwa on a small river. The house and backyard are just lovely and can be used for relaxing or maybe for a trip Stand-Up paddling on the river into the ocean.
The main reason to come was to learn surfing. The teacher was awesome and so I was able to pick up the basic steps within one week. In the end I managed to ride about 30 - 40 waves over a span of 7 lessons. The surf locations are great for beginners.

All in all, I can totally recommend the surf school. I hope I'll come again next year!

1 Thank chhenning
surfhawaii
“Damien Anderson”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I have be to edison camp twice now i find that very one was helpful and amazing. He focus on the thing u need to improve on your surfing. Everything was in good walking distance from the laid back haleiwa town can not wait to go back for the third time your friend form Australia Damien Anderson

Visited March 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

If you want to improve your surfing skills there is no better place than Surf Hawaii Surf School! If you are a rank beginner or have tons of experience and trying to up your game, this is the school. First, Haleiwa and the North Shore are the fantastic. Laid back but world class waves. The cute village is within easy walking distance of the property. Next, the instructors are skilled at everything from big waves to stand up paddling on the rivers. Edison and Bruno will determine what you need and they'll take you to just the right spot to work on the key skills to get you to the next level. They are a delightful team who clearly enjoy what they are doing and take the time to get to know you. Finally, Jenni and the camp are awesome too! She makes you feel like a house guest not a customer. The accommodations are spacious and clean. Located on the river, you can paddle out to surf. Where else are you going to pick wonderful and bananas and mangos outside your back door? I was introduced to the Surf School through a dear friend who has been coming here for many years. Now I understand why! If you want an easy going vibe, some outstanding surfing and long to appreciate Hawaii like a native, this is the place to go.

Moscow, Russia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best vacation in the best place of the world”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We planned to go to Hawaii several times before, and this year, in November, we finally managed to do this! And that was really the best vacations in the best place of the world -Haleiwa! To start with – it was a long trip for us from Moscow (Russia), but at the end – we got all we expected and even what we did not expect: surf, fun, motions, realized dreams! The camp, its location and people there, all these things gave so specific and unforgettable feelings and experience, that once we found ourselves in the big touristic place (Waikiki), we wanted to return to Haleiwa. So, if you want to feel and try to understand what is surf, what is the freedom, this camp could give you the best chance. Certainly, it could not be possible without human efforts and for these we could not not to express our big and special thanks to Edison and Jenni who makes the camp as such, and for feelings of the power of waves and ability to catch the waves in all its sense – to our terrific instructor- Bruno! We love you, guys, and I hope we will be back sometime. I even think that now if it is a choice between skiing and snowboarding, we will choose surfing!

1 Thank Natalie P

Been to Surf Hawaii Surf School? Share your experiences!