“First Timers - A Great Experience!!”

More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: FUN is our mission! Learn to stand up paddle in a calm bay and a lush river where you are greeted by sea turtles, fish, and peacocks. Along the way, our friendly instructors, all of whom are certified lifeguards, will teach you the skills to be confident stand up paddlers. We guarantee that you can stand up and that you'll have a great time with us. Come by yourself or with a group. All groups are private – we do not join you with strangers. Lessons are 2 hours and photos are available free of charge. We are available from sun-up to sun-down. We do not have set times; we go when it is convenient for you. If your time permits, come experience our spectacular Sunset Lesson. Ready for even more paddling fun? Join us for our astounding coastal adventure (come see the dolphins!)or our fitness paddle. Stand up paddling with Rainbow Watersports is an ideal activity for paddlers of all abilities, experience, and ages (4 and up). Come drink in our aloha spirit and enjoy what many visitors are calling “the best activity on the island”!
Scottsdale, Arizona
“First Timers - A Great Experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

We had never done paddle boarding and looked at several companies. Gave Rainbow a call and Heidi was wonderful on the phone and explained our options etc. On the big day, (sun set)Rohan walked us thru the steps and got us on the water. (Note, not a great swimmer so they provided me a life vest-safety first). Rohan was great, patient and very attentive. River was beautiful, turtles all around us.

Overall, a great afternoon, good people (met Heidi at the beach) and a great introduction to a cool sport. Highly recommend Rainbow water sports!!!

Peterborough Ont
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

While staying in Haleiwa we booked an introductory paddleboard group lesson and it was a highlight of our stay - Heidi and Rohan are very friendly, professional, accommodating, and fun! Rohan not only gave us expert instruction with tips that will be easy to remember back home, but shared some really interesting local facts & history. He makes you feel comfortable right from the start, and it is really true that practically anybody can master SUP. We are from Ontario, Canada, and are now stoked about renting or buying a SUP to use on our local lakes this summer. Mahalo from Liz, Rick, Evelyn & Dan(Dano)! :)

north vancouver
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“I would give this 10 stars”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

We (6 adults) went for lessons for my birthday bucket list in March 2014. On the day of our lesson we woke up to huge waves and wind, so I called to see if we should reschedule. Heidi assured me they would not take us out if it was dangerous, so we headed to meet them. Our instructors Jody and Rowan explained our day and gave us a great lesson on how to. They also provided me (non swimmer) with a life vest. Rowen stuck with me the whole time and yes, I was the first one to fall in. He was super patient and eventually got me off my knees and standing. The trip down the river was peaceful and we saw so many turtles! Rowan also taught the boys how to do some extra tricks and kept them challenged. Once we returned to the ocean, the waves were pretty big (in my standards) and I struggled to keep my momentum going forward. Fell again into the waves and Rowen was right there with me. He never left my side, and made me feel extremely safe the whole time. He actually towed me to the shore, earning super bonus points with me and my family waiting at the end.
This was the funnest adventure I have ever done! I asked my family for feedback, good or bad that I could add here and everyone said it was top notch, super fun, and great for beginners and everyone else. I highly recommend you try this out.

1 Thank dkf03
Kailua, Hawaii
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Easy and scenic place to learn SUP”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

We live on Oahu, but we are not very close to Haleiwa. I really wanted to learn to stand up paddle, but I was not sure I wanted to drive north to learn - I could have stayed closer to home but I have never paddled anything in my life and I wanted to assure I would be able to learn without the difficulty of lots of ocean waves. I am so glad we made the trip north! There is a calm river where the turtles go for shelter, and you get to paddle up the river which is smooth as glass, and also practice in a protected ocean bay where the jetty cuts the size of the waves down to almost nothing. The highlight is that the river is so calm and quiet that you can hear the turtles breathe when they surface! I never knew that they make a sound like a bellows when they take new air. Rainbow gave us a lesson on shore and set us loose with tandem boards. It was very easy to learn and totally romantic! Perfect! We would recommend them and we plan to go again sometime. This has got to be the best place to learn on the whole island. They said they can accommodate kids over 7ish too (might want to call and double check the age) , so next time we will probably take the whole family.

Visited February 2014
Salina, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic Time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

My SIL and I decided to try SUP...we both LOVED it! Rohan was our instructor/guide. He was wonderful at teaching us how to paddle and was very knowledgeable about the island and customs of the area. We saw numerous sea turtles sunning themselves on the banks of the river. I had a blast trying to do headstands/handstands with Rohan! Drinks were provided along with the SD card from the pictures that he took of us. I would highly recommend this to any age group! Definitely worth every penny! Heidi was also very nice (we met her before and after the SUP trip).

Visited October 2013

Travelers who viewed Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures also viewed

Been to Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures? Share your experiences!