More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: FUN is our mission! Learn to stand up paddle in a calm bay and a lush river where you are greeted by sea turtles, fish, and peacocks. Along the way, our friendly instructors, all of whom are certified lifeguards, will teach you the skills to be confident stand up paddlers. We guarantee that you can stand up and that you'll have a great time with us. Come by yourself or with a group. Join a group with other paddlers, or take our popular private lessons. Private Lessons are 2 hours and photos are available free of charge. We are available from sun-up to sun-down. We do not have set times; we go when it is convenient for you. If your time permits, come experience our spectacular Sunset Lesson. Ready for even more paddling fun? Join us for our astounding coastal adventure (come see the dolphins!) or our Twilight GLOW paddle, where the boards light up the ocean floor! Stand up paddling with Rainbow Watersports is an ideal activity for paddlers of all abilities, experience, and ages (4 and up). Come drink in our aloha spirit and enjoy what many visitors are calling “the best activity on the island”!
Provo, Utah
“So fun!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Piece of cake to learn, I'm not exactly the most coordinated person, and I managed to stay on the board, even while standing & not "cheating" by kneeling down :) Not scary at all like I thought it would be. Had a great time and would totally recommend this activity! We scheduled ours so we could catch the sunset and it was spectacular, plus we saw probably 10 turtles swimming alongside us as we paddled up the river. Heidi is great as an instructor--very friendly and personable--bonus she took pics and gave them to us at the end. Got a great one of my husband and myself side by side on our respective paddle boards & holding hands. priceless.

Visited April 2013
TheOahuTraveler, Owner at Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Yes, the sunset lesson is amazing -- best way to end a day on the islands! Glad we could capture the memory for you guys. ;)

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Awesome SUP experience!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I had a great time stand up paddling with Rainbow Watersports! Our guide, Rowan, was a great coach, tour guide and just a really good guy to hang with. Under his guidance, we were up and cruising on the boards quickly. We highly recommend this experience to others!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Ccap3298
All our instructors are carefully selected to be the very best instructors on the island, especially in terms of customer service and safety. Rohan is definitely top notch, and I'm glad you had a great time!
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stand Up Paddling lesson”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Heidi is excellent at explaining all the ins and outs of Stand Up Paddling - this was my first time out, and the ocean was a new experience for me - I had a great time, felt safe and will do it again next time I am in Haleiwa. Which I hope will be soon - Paradise!

Visited March 2013
I absolutely love introducing people like you to the fun and ever changing world of the ocean. It's the world's biggest playground! And stand up paddling is definitely a fun and non-intimidating way to experience it.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Fantastic time”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My fiance and I had looked online at a few of the paddle boarding excursions on Oahu. We had grabbed a brochure for Rainbow Watersports and checked the reviews online (which were stellar). These stellar reviews are very well deserved. Everything about the experience was awesome. Heidi was a total sweetheart from the moment we contacted her to set up the excursion to the actual instructing and journey down the river. Her relaxed (and patient!) personality was very welcome as I found myself spinning in circles when I first got into the water. She talked me through it and both my fiance and I ended up feeling super confident by the end of the excursion. We saw beautiful scenery and plenty of turtles popped up to greet us on the river. We couldn't be happier and highly recommend contacting Heidi and booking when you visit Oahu. Mahalo, Heidi!

Visited April 2013
Thank you for adding another "stellar" review! I am humbled and grateful for all our paddlers who have taken the time to share their experience with Rainbow Watersports with others.
Walnut Creek, California
“Mahalo Nui Loa”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was so nervous while driving to Haleiwa for our lesson. I didn't know what to expect and I'm not a strong swimmer. Even though, we confirmed life jackets were available to us, I couldn't shake off my nerves.

Heidi was friendly and approachable! The lesson started on land, we drew our "surfboards" in the sand with paddles and went over the basics. Then we were off to the water, starting at the beach and paddling towards the river. The water in the river was super calm, saw a lot of SUPers and even spotted some turtles. Heidi was telling us a little history of Haleiwa and facts about turtles.

The river was the best place to take beginners or even just to cruise. Heidi taught us trickier skills on the river when our group said we would like to continue SUP at home in CA. One of those trickier skills landed me in the water, but I needed it. After all, got to learn how to fall off the board, too ;) Water felt awesome!

I had so much fun!! I couldn't believe how I (almost) instantly fell in love with it. Going to Hawaii meant kayaking and snorkeling for the most part. Now I can happily say it's all about SUP!!!

Mahalo nui loa, Heidi!

1 Thank Aandlara
And mahalo nui loa (thank you very much) to you! I'm glad to say that you are one of several paddlers who come to us nervous about the water or paddling and soon discover how safe they feel and how much they love the sport! I have to admit, thought, you didn't seem nervous at all!

Travelers who viewed Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures also viewed

Been to Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures? Share your experiences!