More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: FUN is our mission! Learn to stand up paddle in a calm bay and a lush river where you are greeted by sea turtles, fish, and peacocks. Along the way, our friendly instructors, all of whom are certified lifeguards, will teach you the skills to be confident stand up paddlers. We guarantee that you can stand up and that you'll have a great time with us. Come by yourself or with a group. Join a group with other paddlers, or take our popular private lessons. Private Lessons are 2 hours and photos are available free of charge. We are available from sun-up to sun-down. We do not have set times; we go when it is convenient for you. If your time permits, come experience our spectacular Sunset Lesson. Ready for even more paddling fun? Join us for our astounding coastal adventure (come see the dolphins!) or our Twilight GLOW paddle, where the boards light up the ocean floor! Stand up paddling with Rainbow Watersports is an ideal activity for paddlers of all abilities, experience, and ages (4 and up). Come drink in our aloha spirit and enjoy what many visitors are calling “the best activity on the island”!
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“THE BEST!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

From start to finish this is the best 2ish hours spent on the water learning how to SUP with insightful instructors and gorgeous surroundings of north shore! They have great rates and its worth every penny.
This is by far my new favorite water sport and I can't wait to get back out there ASAP!!!
BIG THANKS to Heidi, Rohan and the rest of the crew for making our first SUP so much fun and full of aloha love :)

TheOahuTraveler, Owner at Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thanks, guys, for such a great review! We consider our paddlers our friends, and are totally stoked that you now love the sport as much as we do!

Salt Lake City, Utah
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“I'm hooked!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I really wanted to learn how to SUP in an area that was calm. When I saw that Rainbow had a beginner river course I thought it was for me. We were met by Rohan and he easily outfitted us for the lesson. We had SUCH a great time. We saw tons of turtles and it was an excellent way to learn to SUP. I highly suggest booking with this company. I wish I had time to take another lesson.

Visited December 2012
TheOahuTraveler, Owner at Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Our location is definitely one of the most calm areas on the island -- even when there are big waves on the North Shore! We get plenty people who have had a frustrating time paddling at other locations on the island where it's more windy or choppy and have appreciated the calmness of our location. Glad you appreciated it too!
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had a great time. Rohan our instructor made it very easy and fun. Saw a huge number of turtles both swimming in the river and basking in the sun. Lots of communication prior to and after the experience. Would recommend this company and experience to others.

Visited December 2012
Thankfully, our endangered turtle friends are making a great comeback! We are seeing record-breaking numbers of turtles up the river now!
houston
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great idea for anyone of any age!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We decided to take a lesson on our trip to Oahu in June. We had a group of 6 (my parents who are in their mid 60's, my kids who were 10 and 8 and my husband and I). We had Rohan and another gentleman... can't remember his name. Our lesson was wonderful! Everything was ready for us when we arrived. We were up on our boards within minutes. I was the only one who took a tumble into the water. No big deal though! It is easy to get right back up and it was refreshing. It was easy enough for my parents and my not so athletic 8 year old daughter. My daughter tired out pretty easily and the instructor pulled her along so the rest of us could enjoy our lesson. I know he got a really good workout! It was greatly appreciated though! Everyone was very friendly and they even took pictures for us! They even had cold drinks for us after we finished. Great experience! Would love to SUP again in the future!

Visited June 2012
Although most people can stand up the whole way, there are definitely options for folks who might not have the ability to stand up while paddling the whole way. You can always sit down and paddle or our awesomely strong, fit, toned, handsome (or beautiful) instructors can tow you. :)
Sydney, Australia
“Mahalo! Highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Aloha Heidi and Rohan,

Thanks for an awesome Sunset Paddle! We all had an amazing experience and it was definitely a highlight of the trip. Thanks to Rohan for firstly getting us all standing, for his expert tuition for all of our varied levels, and making us all feel so relaxed! From the moment we communicated with Heidi to book our lesson, and to the moment the sun came down at the end of the paddle the whole experience was super relaxed, and of course incredible.

The level of the paddlers in our group and Rohan was able to adapt to each of our levels and provide expert tuition.

We had lot's of fun, and smiled and laughed the whole through and the whole way home! We were recommended to Rainbow Watersports from a friend, and will definitely recommend them to anyone we know traveling to Hawaii.

Mahalo!

Fiona, Claire, Rita and Therese :)

Visited November 2012
And Rohan couldn't stop talking about the great time he had with you!! Aussies rule! Glad we met your friend's acclamation of us. Pass along the good word!

Travelers who viewed Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures also viewed

Been to Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures? Share your experiences!