“Great food!!”
Review of Kono's Restaurant

Kono's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 92 Restaurants in Haleiwa
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Kono's is a family owned restaurant on the North Shore of Oahu serving breakfast and lunch in a casual atmosphere. Kono's is a gathering place for locals, surfers, and tourists, a genuine North Shore experience. Our Kalua Pork is cooked daily for over 12 hours and is served in a variety of breakfast and lunch dishes.
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We were starving and stopped here.We were pleased with how great the food was and how awesome the service was!

Reviewed December 25, 2013

OMG, this was SO good. I tried the Old School Pig Sandwich---so delicious and juicy and porky, with great chipotle ketchup. I gobbled it down, wanted another one right away but I was too full to really do it. I was obsessed about this place for the rest of my stay in Haleiwa. Went three times, and would have gone more if my wife hadn't stopped me. Never tried anything but the sandwich, but lots of other stuff sounded good. If I lived here, I'd be a regular!

1  Thank drsteveallen
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Kalua pork is the main attraction here. I dont like pork so I went with the Cheesy bacon jalapeno turkey sandwich. At first glance I was unexcited by its size but dam was it good. I had it again once more another day because it really was a good bite to eat.
Place closes early - only open for breakfast and lunch until like 3pm. Went another time at 1:30pm and they were closed with a sign on the door saying they closed early to go surf. Gotta love hawaii

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stopped for lunch here at the suggestion of Oahu Revealed because of the "ONO" rating. It is a small restaurant on the North Shore with 4 or 5 tables/booths inside and outside seating. The menu is listed on the large chalkboard behind the cashier (avg lunch price around $10). We ordered a kalua pork sandwich (Old School Pig Sandwich) and the kalua pork burrito (Pig Bomber). While the food is good and the portions were more than adequate, both sandwich and burrito were saturated in oil that I couldn't really enjoy eating either. The burrito was dripping with so much oil I could have probably used that oil to deep fry my burrito. I ended up throwing away most of the burrito in the end. Also, their cilantro-avocado sauce flavor is really weak. It tasted very watered down. If you enjoy coating your innards with oil, check out Kono's!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Nice, unpretentious restaurant in the North Shore Market Place with reasonably priced items. Menu is limited but their breakfast items are served all day. Try the B.E.A.C.H., a breakfast sandwich with scrambled eggs, bacon, ham, cheese on a grilled poor boy roll. Salads are great with a unique chicken salad, with chunks of curried chicken served in a half papaya nested on a bed of salad greens, Definitely worth a repeat visit.