“Good food”

macky's kahuku sweet shrimp truck
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food”
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed the food but felt it was a little over priced simply because the shrimp wasn't cleaned properly. They leave the shell on although it is split done the middle it was hard to eat. We ordered the coconut,garlic and spicey shrimp and all were very tasty. The plares come with steamed rice and lettuce, no dressing. Didn't mind sitting outside but wild birds were everywhere as well as on the table. Would take it to go next time.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Coconut Shrimp = Ono”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had heard about the coconut shrimp and decided they were worth making an extra drive. The surprise was that the Lemon Pepper Shrimp were awesome too. Good eats.

Visited March 2013
prov31girl
“Excellent Garlic Shrimp”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

stopped here on our recent trip to Oahu. Very glad we did. The garlic shrimp was excellent. Highly recommend it. There will be a bit of a wait, but nothing like the tourist clogged Giovannis up the road.

• Visited February 2013
Norfolk, Virginia
“When I think shrimp trucks, I think ... Macky’s!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My Lady and I drove to the north shore of Oahu for the shrimp truck experience to decide for ourselves who provided the best shrimp plate. It’s about an hour’s drive from Waikiki, but we found it worthwhile. There are about 4 or 5 shrimp trucks within a ½ mile stretch, but the internet reviews from Oahu influenced me to select Macky's as my first stop. Macky's offers 4 different shrimp plates (Butter Garlic, Spicy, Original and Coconut.) We opted for the Butter Garlic and Spicy. Both were simply GREAT! The 10 shrimp were large, fresh, succulent and seasoned superbly. The plate came with a large scoop of rice (non-sticky) with juice from the shrimp. The iceberg lettuce was crisp (we chose Italian dressing) and the pineapple slice was sweet and juicy. We even took a plate to-go back to our hotel for later. For $12 a plate, you can’t beat the price. And, for the quality of the food … one would really have to go a gourmet restaurant to compete. I’ll put my reputation on the line for this one … and highly recommend Macky’s.

• Visited March 2013
Woodland Hills
“The Greatest, Hands Down”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Had many different garlic shrimps during my trip and this is the only one I had to have twice. The only other one I'm even happy I had was Tita's because it had its own twist on the dish. I wanted to like Giovanni's so baddly(because of all the great reviews) but to be honest it was probably the worst out of them all. When we visit again I wont even look at let alone think of another shrimp truck. Thank you Macky's.

• Visited March 2013