“Best memory of Hawaii vacation”

North Shore Surf Girls - Surf School
Book In Advance
More Info
$78.13*
and up
North Shore Surfing Lesson at Haleiwa Beach Park
Ranked #1 of 52 Tours in Haleiwa
More attraction details
Owner description: The North Shore Surf Girls Surf School is an all female owned and operated company. Our lessons are catered to men, women and children. Our all female instructors are former professional surfers, trained lifeguards and detail oriented when teaching you to surf. We offer group, semi private and private surfing lessons and stand up paddle board lessons daily at 9:00AM, 12:00PM and 3:00PM.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Phoenix, Arizona
“Best memory of Hawaii vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

We've been to Hawaii a few times but this time, finally!!! I got my wish of surfing lessons. What a great experience we both had. My husband, who does surf, says I got up the first time ( I remember the 2nd time) and surfed each time after that! What a blast and what a great instructor Carol was. Now I just need to sign up for surf camp...how fun is that!

Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“first time surfin' loved it!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2010

On my first wave i really surfed and didn't fall. I noticed that you'll wabble more when you're standing on the board and not on a wave. I was nervous-until i started having a blast! Plus i was with my family.-marina
The above was written by my seven-year old daughter, who we got a private lesson for. Carol took her out and Marina caught her very first wave and was surfing! After that, it was more of the same - wave after wave she surfed - what more could you possibly want? Me and my husband had a semi-group lesson with another woman, who also took good care of us, and I was really surprised to find that I didn't fall down on my first (or any) wave. It's actually easier and less scary than it looks. The hard part is paddling out (we were warned of that, but it was difficult nonetheless), but our instructor helped us a bit when we got tired.
We will definitely come back to North Shore Surf Girls - thanks a lot - Mahalo!

Wilmington, Delaware
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2010

We decided to do a family surf lesson while on vacation in Hawaii and chose North Shore Surf Girls. Our instructor Carol was awesome. She did a safety and surf basics lesson on the sand first and then we all paddled out to try our skills. By the end of the lesson everyone was able to ride a wave! Carol made sure we were all safe. It's a "must do" event if you travel to the North Shore of Oahu!

San Diego, California
“Fun with North Shore Surf Girls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2010

Both my daughter and nephew had a great, easy time getting in some surfing instruction with NSSG. It was super-easy to make the reservation (by phone) and meet them in town , then drive to a near-by surfing break. Everyone was supportive and encouraging and my kids felt very comfortable in the water. I recommend North Shore Surf Girls if you wanna have fun and get time on a board and actually surf.

“Carol was awesome, we learned so much...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2010

Carol was awesome, we learned so much. Extremely courteous professional and humble. We learned to surf on the first lesson and it was amazing, thank you so much. Highly recommend for anyone.Great therapy for the mind and body. Thanks again North Shore Surf Girls & Carol