“Fun day!”

$146.55*
Oahu Private Surfing Lesson
Ranked #1 of 56 Tours in Haleiwa
More attraction details
Owner description: The North Shore Surf Girls Surf School is an all female owned and operated company. Our lessons are catered to men, women and children. Our all female instructors are former professional surfers, trained lifeguards and detail oriented when teaching you to surf. We offer group, semi private and private surfing lessons and stand up paddle board lessons daily at 9:00AM, 12:00PM and 3:00PM.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Cleveland, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun day!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

very nice girls ... reasonable and knowledgeable... not a lot of big waves where we were at.. so that was good that it wasn't overwhelming but a little slow.

Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expert instruction in a gorgeous setting”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Learning to surf with Carol from North Shore Surf Girls was the highlight of my trip to Oahu. She was so patient and calm, and was able to facilitate success for everyone in the group with her friendly & concise coaching. We surfed on a day when the North Shore surf was high, but Carol guided us to an area with beginner-sized waves that were just perfect. Learning to surf in such a beautiful setting was such a joy, and, no offense to Waikiki, but if you can get up here for your surf lesson you will be amazed at not just the expert instruction, but the natural beauty as well. Also, if you’re a solo traveler, don’t hesitate to sign up for a group lesson. There were just 3 of us students, and though we did not know one another at first, surfing leads to quick bonding and we had a great time together. Thank you Carol & NSSG for a fantastic time. Can’t wait to come back and surf again!

Brisbane, Australia
“10/10”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was my first surf lesson and I am SO glad that I had the pleasure of learning from such an exceptional teacher, Carol!
Any fear that I had was put to ease by the thorough teachings of the waves and the natural surroundings and what to expect! It was a crash course that enabled me to stand up and feel on top of the world and extremely positive about what I can achieve - i hope to keep it up in my hometown.
There was no stone left unturned in being taught how to stand up in the surf and it was so great to have the constant feedback and coaching after each and every wave we attempted and eventually surfed :)
If you want to give surfing a go, look no further than north shore surf girls! Absolute highlight of my trip and it is safe, crazy fun and such a professional school!
enjoy!

Newcastle, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Surfing, standing, turtles oh my!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This class was the highlight of my time on Oahu. I had an amazing time & enjoyed it all. I took a group class which was fun with a couple of other participants.
Carol was friendly & welcoming. Carol explained the techniques, the beach, safety & general intro know-how.

I felt an excited energy going into the water. I felt safe out on the water with Carol guiding us.

I was amazed I could stand up first go, plus stayed on for extended rides! This comes down to confidence & being armed with the right knowledge & technique.

I'm really glad I took the class on the North shore rather than closer to where I was staying at Wakiki, the waves were more frequent, but still protected in the bay.

I was very impressed with the whole experience. Bonus: we surfed with turtles!

Highlands Ranch, Colorado, United States
“Awesome!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were in Oahu for one week this October. We wanted to learn to surf and chose NSSG because the price was right and they could accomodate our group of 8....3 adults and 5 teenagers. We had the best experience. It was the highlight of our trip to Oahu. So exciting to be able to get up on a surfboard the first time out. Who knew these Coloradoans could surf! Thanks to the excellent instructors we had a great time, saw sea turtles, and have great pictures to always remember. This will be our Christmas card picture for sure this year!