“Fantastic!”

and up
North Shore Surfing Lesson at Haleiwa Beach Park
Ranked #1 of 52 Tours in Haleiwa
More attraction details
Owner description: The North Shore Surf Girls Surf School is an all female owned and operated company. Our lessons are catered to men, women and children. Our all female instructors are former professional surfers, trained lifeguards and detail oriented when teaching you to surf. We offer group, semi private and private surfing lessons and stand up paddle board lessons daily at 9:00AM, 12:00PM and 3:00PM.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Michigan
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am so glad we signed up with the North Shore Girls for our first surf lesson! Our instructor had us both standing up on our first wave. She really knew how to pick the best waves for us, and when we started to get tired she would put her foot on our boards and tow us out there. The women was ripped!

However, surfing is not for the weak. Both my husband and I consider ourselves to be in good shape, and this kicked our butts. I was soooooo sore the next day, though it was totally worth it.

One tip - if you're planning on surfing on your vacation, do it towards the end. My husband kicked a rock when he fell off of his board, and his foot became infected. He couldn't go snorkeling or do any of the beach activities that we had planned after that. So definitely do it, but plan accordingly.

Ok, two tips. Although NSSG provides rash guards, you can still get pretty bad board rash on your legs if you're just wearing a bikini bottom. I wore knee-length board shorts, and I'm glad I did. No board rash for me!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank c_juleski

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Surf School on the Beautiful North Shore!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Me and my boyfriend took a lesson with these guys (read girls! :))during a trip to the North Shore: we couldn't have had a better experience with a group lesson and loved it so much we took another lesson a couple of days later. All the instructors were super friendly, really helpful and even managed to get us up on a couple of waves! I wish we'd taken a lesson with NSSG way earlier in our trip, different planet to the 'too cool for this job' vibe down at Waikiki, so friendly and the nature amazing, plus better/ bigger surf and less crowded, I would highly recommend them and wish we had time to take more lessons... you have so much more fun when you're hanging out with lovely people! :) Thank you! You guys are awesome!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank gailkilda
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Toes on the Noes!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

I highly recommend North Shore Surf Girl. Our lessons from North Shore Surf Girls was amazing. Since I had never surfed before and my girlfriend had only taken lessons one other time, we decided to take a semi-private lesson (2:1 student to instructor). Great decision. Carol, our instructor, was awesome. The on-shore lessons were detailed, but easy to follow. Once in the water, Carol got both of us up on our first wave. AMAZING!!!! The semi-private lesson was also great since we were able to catch a wave, paddle back out and catch another wave. We were exhausted by the end of our lesson since we caught so many waves. Again, highly recommend North Shore Surf Girls!!!

Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An excellent experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

We chose to take lessons with North Shore Surf Girls because of their qualifications (all first aid, life guard and CPR certified) background experience (competed professionally, movie consulting).

We took a private group lesson (3 of us 1 instructor). My husband and I wake surf behind our boat in the summer, all of us snowboard and we have all tried surfing over the years. My husband was a bit skeptical to spend the money on a lesson because we had taken a lesson in the past and had the basic skills of surfing. We are all very glad we chose NSSG! Our instructor was on time, organized and very professional. Carol was patient and was very clear in her instruction. She worked very hard with all of us ensuring we had the correct form and got us on a wave every time.

Carol is a true ocean girl full of energy and knowledge. You can see she genually cares that her students get the absolute best "bang for their buck". We have already referred NSSG to others.

Thank you Carol and North Shore Surf Girls for a great experience!

“Stellar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

We had THE most amazing day with the North Shore Surf Girls. We spent the morning with Erin who taught us how to surf. We were both able to ride the waves early in the lesson. Erin ensured our safety, was kind, and an awesome instructor. The view and water was amazing. We literally felt like we were in a movie. We did stand up paddle boarding with Carole in the afternoon. We paddled down the river and back to sea. Carole was also an amazing instructor and ensured we were safe at all times. Both of these ladies are amazing and I heard about the company through friends, so I am sure everyone here is awesome. I would tell Anyone going to Oahu if you could only do one thing... Learn to surf And paddle board with these ladies. Very reasonably priced and you 100% get way more than your monies worth with this experience. I would do this all day everyday if I was staying on the North Shore.