“I can surf now!”

$78.13*
North Shore Stand-Up Paddleboard Lesson
Ranked #2 of 57 Tours in Haleiwa
More attraction details
Owner description: The North Shore Surf Girls Surf School is an all female owned and operated company. Our lessons are catered to men, women and children. Our all female instructors are former professional surfers, trained lifeguards and detail oriented when teaching you to surf. We offer group, semi private and private surfing lessons and stand up paddle board lessons daily at 9:00AM, 12:00PM and 3:00PM.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My family and I (the four of us, two with injuries) had lessons with Carol and I thought the balance of her against four people of four different levels would be difficult- but she was a warrior and strategized the afternoon brilliantly. My sister and I learned and stood up very quickly as she was very thorough with her explanation and demonstration prior to us getting in the water. My aunt never stood up on the board but had a great time body surfing the waves thanks to Carol's timing and patience. Highly recommend! In a beautiful part of the ocean, too. Waves were calm.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided one morning on our trip to take surf lessons. After doing some fairly extensive research we chose NSSG. While we selected a group lesson, I guess not many people take lessons on a Thursday at noon: we were the only ones signed up for a lesson! The spot that Carol took us to was a perfect learning area with a few bigger waves but nothing we couldn't handle. There were other lesson companies there but it certainly was not over crowded.
After going over a few basics and slathering on the sunscreen, we practiced paddling techniques on the sand then in the water and started catching waves! Carol was a huge help and gave us advice after each ride (and saving us form the crashing waves when our arms got too tired...). The two hour lesson was the perfect amount of time and we really appreciated all of Carol's help and advice! Highly recommend!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

My partner and I rather foolishly arrived for a surf lesson without doing our research. It was only later after a google search that we realised the pro talents of this surf school. Modest and chilled out our instructor (Carol) was awesome. We had a great time and I would thoroughly recommend.

As an additional FYI: we later travelled to Maui and rented surf boards from a local surf school in Lahaina. We saw the surf school with a group and were totally unimpressed with their a) lesson, b) busy location, and c) hostility towards anyone not in a surf lesson with them. Conclusion: go out with North shore girls and have a chilled, good time with a pro where you will be thoroughly looked after and soak up the vibe.

Top tip: Don't joke about the Mercedes window. You'll see what I mean if you go.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My surfing lesson w/ NSSG was the highlight of my impromptu Hawaiian vacation. Truth be told, I am still on a natural high from actually standing on a board, riding a wave! Carol was simply amazing...a truly gifted instructor, and her approach was far from perfunctory... she made me realize it's so much more than popping up on the first try. It's about soaking in the experience of being in the water... With that, the pressure just fell away - and with her insightful tips, I got up!
It's also a joy to be taught by someone who truly seems to enjoy her craft...it's infectious!
I enjoyed my first day so much I immediately signed up for a second day!
It's also worth mentioning the surfing spots were not crazy crowded and felt very "local", which was way cool!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My hat Goes off to Carol, Rosie and McCall for the biggest fun I've had in years! I've been diving for 30 years and I must say that I was a bit nervous at first, although with Carol, Rosie's and McCall's grace and professionalism I easily became hooked for life! They welcomed me with open arms and I was probably one of the slowest learners they had that week, but that did not slow them down a bit. The relationships I gained with them, their students, and the locals we were surfing with simply became stronger by the day. My love goes out to all at North Shore and please tell Kavika I hope to see him again soon, for I did not get to see him before I left! Blessings Mitch :-)