“Best.time.ever.”

$209.95*
Oahu Private Surfing Lesson
Ranked #3 of 58 Tours in Haleiwa
More attraction details
Owner description: The North Shore Surf Girls Surf School is a female owned and operated company. Our lessons are catered to men, women and children. Our all female instructors are former professional surfers, trained lifeguards. We are detail oriented when teaching you to surf and stand up paddle board. We offer group, semi private and private surfing lessons and stand up paddle board lessons daily at 9:00AM, 12:00PM and 3:00PM.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My surfing lesson w/ NSSG was the highlight of my impromptu Hawaiian vacation. Truth be told, I am still on a natural high from actually standing on a board, riding a wave! Carol was simply amazing...a truly gifted instructor, and her approach was far from perfunctory... she made me realize it's so much more than popping up on the first try. It's about soaking in the experience of being in the water... With that, the pressure just fell away - and with her insightful tips, I got up!
It's also a joy to be taught by someone who truly seems to enjoy her craft...it's infectious!
I enjoyed my first day so much I immediately signed up for a second day!
It's also worth mentioning the surfing spots were not crazy crowded and felt very "local", which was way cool!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,064)

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My hat Goes off to Carol, Rosie and McCall for the biggest fun I've had in years! I've been diving for 30 years and I must say that I was a bit nervous at first, although with Carol, Rosie's and McCall's grace and professionalism I easily became hooked for life! They welcomed me with open arms and I was probably one of the slowest learners they had that week, but that did not slow them down a bit. The relationships I gained with them, their students, and the locals we were surfing with simply became stronger by the day. My love goes out to all at North Shore and please tell Kavika I hope to see him again soon, for I did not get to see him before I left! Blessings Mitch :-)

Reviewed October 31, 2012

The team from North Shore Surf Girls were wonderful and the whole experience was memorable!!

Waiting from them at the 76 Gas Station in Haleiwa, as soon as the clunking old car pulled into the lot weighed down by a dozen surf boards, we knew it was going to be a fun afternoon!

There were eight in our group lesson, with three instructors (Carol, Rosie and a guy whose name we can't remember but who we all agreed afterwards was the best instructor). After a two minute beach lesson we hit the water and started paddling. Amazingly, we all got up, which was quite unexpected, but with the beginner technique they teach you, the waves and the board do most of the work. For the next hour we kept going pretty much non-stop, taking turns and getting tips as the instructors floated in the water picking good waves for us. Some of us hit the shore after an hour and a half and others stayed in the water for over two hours, never a peep from the NSSG team that our time was up (we only booked and paid for a one hour lesson) - a sure sign that they love what they do.

Afterwards, they were great in giving us directions to a local pizza spot and hooking us up with a photographer who took great shots of us surfing. They even have t-shirts for sale if you want a souvenir of the trip.

If you're on the North Shore, book with the NSSG, you won't regret it!!

1  Thank bctoronto_10
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The instructor was very helpful and made this a fun experience. They were encouraging and experienced in making me feel comfortable in the water. Can't wait to try surfing again!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was apprehensive about being able to get up on the board after trying to do so in Fla, but since surfing is on my "bucket list" I had to give it a shot in Hawaii. After a few minutes of land lesson from Carol I was able to stand up on my first wave!!! She was such fun...and I surfed many waves!

1  Thank sandy m