“Great dive shop”

More Info
and up
Certified Diving Tour: South Shore Wreck Dive
More attraction details
Owner description: Responsible, small group scuba and snorkel tours and courses. We are North Shores scuba diving headquarters! We also offer diving in Waikiki, Honolulu, and West Oahu! From your very first dive to dive professionals, our experienced guides and instructors ensure an amazing Hawaiian Waters experience with an emphasis on safety.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and son used Deep Ecology to dive during our vacation. My husband was already certified and my son in the process of getting his open water certification. I selected this shop based on reviews here and was pleased with my choice. Mark, who took my two out, was a very good instructor with a strong emphasis on safety. My son was able to achieve his certification and was really excited. Wrenna was also a pleasure to work with over the home setting things up. I would use this dive shop again.

All reviews
"sea tiger"
"great guide"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Found them years ago and, literally, have never considered diving with another company on Oahu (even though I rarely stay on the N. Shore)! For more experienced divers, book early so you can talk with dive-masters to make special, more adventurous, requests! Going back for 5 dives next month and cannot wait.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My son and I did a 2-tank morning dive with Deep Ecology, chosen largely based on Tripadvisor reviews. We were not disappointed. The two guides (Serena, who was finishing her dive guide training) and Tyler did a great job pointing out hard-to-see critters and keeping us safe. We are glad we went with this operator. (We also did some diving on the Big Island and have to say, that is the MUCH BETTER place to dive. No reflection on the diver operators, just the stuff to see.)

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Dove the Deep Ecology 1 yesterday. Guide Tyler and Capn Bob did an expert job both of explaining procedure and dive sites. Saw spanish dancers, nudibranchs, turtles, eels, octopus, shrimp, beautiful cowries, you name it we saw it! gorgeous coral arches and mazes, a really wonderful day of diving. We usually dive Kona this time of year, but were happy to see so much healthy life off our own island. Highly recommended, this is an Aplus dive operation, we've also done shore diving at three tables and Shark's cove with these folks, there dive masters are knowledgeable and everyone is extremely conscious of the flora and fauna of the North Shore. They have a no collection policy and check turtles etc. for damage. Love it and we'll be back!!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Our two-tank shore dive experience with Devin from Deep Ecology was top-notch. He's clearly a very skilled and knowledgeable diver and dive leader. Better than that, he's a very nice guy. When we made our dive arrangements, the shop very helpfully e-mailed directions, drive times, etc. When we arrived, everything we needed was already packed and loaded into the van! During the dive prep, Devin helped those who needed help and watched carefully over those who didn't think they needed help. He led us on two great dives and was careful to point out the interesting things we might otherwise have missed. All in all, a great experience.

I will definitely be calling Deep Ecology for a dive the next time I am in Oahu!