“Good day Southside Diving”

Banzai Divers Hawaii
Book In Advance
More Info
$150.00*
and up
Certified Diving Tour: South Shore Wreck Dive
More attraction details
Owner description: Responsible, small group scuba and snorkel tours and courses. We are North Shores scuba diving headquarters! We also offer diving in Waikiki, Honolulu, and West Oahu! From your very first dive to dive professionals, our experienced guides and instructors ensure an amazing Hawaiian Waters experience with an emphasis on safety.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Reason why I picked Deep Ecology was because I wanted to dive the Northside of the island. No one dives the Northside in the Winter because of you know the surf. Dove 2 dives on the Southside(only place to dive because of high wind warnings everywhere else). First dive was the Sea Tiger wreck, saw big turtles lots of fish and divers. Nice dive. Second dive was a dive near shore. Saw lots of small stuff, large moray eel, and an Octopus. Dive Instructor was helpful and customer service orientated. I would highly recommend Deep Ecology when on Oahu.

All reviews
"felt comfortable"
in 7 reviews
"whole group"
in 4 reviews
"can't wait to go again"

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Really enjoying taking dive classes or just doing a fun dive with the shop. The staff is always professional, thorough in briefs and safety, and very kind. They are the best, and dives are done in small groups.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I loved diving with deep ecology. The prices are great. The Dive instructor was really helpful, nice, and competent. They took really good care of us every time we went out and were professional. The dive groups were small which is a big deal and makes things so much more enjoyable, We saw lots of cool new wildlife and coral on all our dives. I liked the caverns and the ship wrecks that we dove too. I got my advanced cert. with them and learned a lot. I am a much better diver now.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Dive master called a couple of days in advance of our reservation to discuss what kind of dives we wanted and then suggested what times that might better suit our preferences. This worked out perfectly - we were with just two other people on a dive well matched to our experience and style.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have been diving regularly in Hawaii since 1997. I was referred to Deep Ecology by friends and neighbor island dive shops. I have dived all over Oahu, both with Deep Ecology and with other dive shops on the island. Deep Ecology is simply the best dive shop around.

Deep Ecology has a good focus on safety,stewardship of the ocean and fun.

They limit the size of their groups, so the instructor/divemaster can keep an eye on you. This is very comforting. Smaller groups allows them to tailor dives to the individuals.

They plan their dives very well so that the most interesting things to see are right around the boat and exit point. This is really great for groups with that have both air guzzlers and advanced divers: Guides can show advanced divers around sites near to the exit point after taking up divers who are low on air.

They give really good informative dive briefing, showing you what sort of fun critters you will find down below and well as safety procedures in terms of entering/exiting the boat, hand signals, etc.

One of reasons I dive with Deep Ecology over and over again is their knowledge of microfauna. All of their guides have an uncanny ability to find tiny, rare plants and animals--microfauna and animals that other shops wouldn't find or would gloss over.

One of the things I really love about Deep Ecology is their sense of responsibility of stewardship of the ocean. I have dove with other dive shops on Oahu and elsewhere that will behave irresponsibly towards the land. For example, I have seen other dive shops hunt out Octopus and place them on their head, forcing them to expel their ink. Or pick up rocks, coral, etc. Deep Ecology doesn't partake in any of those practices and that makes me really happy!

Finally, its fun diving with Deep Ecology. The divemasters/instructors are very passionate about the ocean and you can tell they are having just as much fun as we are! Customer service is excellent, both from the office and on the boat. They usually have lots of nice snacks to have between dives.

1  Thank Ravi K