“Nice people, average dive sites”

Banzai Divers Hawaii
$150.00*
and up
Certified Diving Tour: West Side Wreck Dive
More attraction details
Owner description: Responsible, small group scuba and snorkel tours and courses. We are North Shores scuba diving headquarters! We also offer diving in Waikiki, Honolulu, and West Oahu! From your very first dive to dive professionals, our experienced guides and instructors ensure an amazing Hawaiian Waters experience with an emphasis on safety.
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I really like the people at Deep Ecology. Tyler is a friendly and attentive dive master. There were only six divers on the boat with one dive master. The dive sites were average -nothing spectular or unique - but I have been diving for 30 years and have high expectations. I appreciate the fact that Tyler allowed us to stay down until we reached our minimum air pressure. It always makes me crazy when dive masters take the whole group up when the first person runs out of air.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Overall it was a very good experience. The boat size was appropriate for the number of people they bring. I forgot the master diver's name (Stacey?) but she was very knowledgeable of the area. She was a self-sacrificing people-person. Since a diver on the boat forgot her fins, the master diver and another member of our group gave up a fin for that person to use.

The day we went diving, there was no dive scheduled. After calling Pat (the owner) a couple of times during the week and explaining that I had two other divers who wanted to go down, she scheduled a dive for us. Unbelievable! She changed her plans for divers. That speaks volumes as far as customer service goes.

A member of our group stayed up for the second dive. She told us that the boat captain was very friendly but she was a little uncomfortable hearing his conspiracy theories while everyone else was diving. Though I have to say when the group was on the boat, the captain was like any other captain on a diving boat.

I was also very impressed with the company's concern for the environment, as you will notice on their website. I definitely recommend this dive company to a friend, both beginner and experienced. One last thing, the people at the shop are amazingly friendly...make sure you give Pat a hug before you leave the shop. She is amazingly friendly and she's a hugger.

Thanks Pat and Stacey(?)!

1  Thank WAnewlyweds
Reviewed June 24, 2011

These were our first dives after qualifying back in January so as well as looking for ineresting dive sites, we wanted a guide who would inspire confidence and feel safe. We got what we wanted and more - Tyler, who took us out both days, was fantastic, his diving skill (particularly during a minor issue when my fins broke) was superb, his knowledge of the sites and conditions amazing and his desire to get satisfied customers and put the company's policy of eco-diving was without doubt.

Day 1 was planned to feature two dives but things didn't quite go to plan. Dive 1 was Atlantis, a network of shallow rock trenches where the focus was on the small sea creatues living in the walls. In hindsight, conditions were pretty bad with "only" 60ft visibilty. However, after particularly heavy rain the night before the ocean was very "surgey", making manouvering more effort and kicking up sediment. It was good, but conditions were certainly not ideal.

For the second dive however, Tyler went down to check conditions but waved us off our 2nd site - conditions were even worse. The crew discussed options and we went on to an alternate site which unfortunately was even worse. At this point, they made the decision to call off the trip, something I respect as I'd rather forfeit a dive than go down with barely 5ft visibility. He knew we were relatively experienced too so rather than take any chances we headed back - and the offer to pay for only one dive came from them immediately too.

Second trip was MUCH better!

Carwash is billed as a turtle cleaning station and as well as the pair of green sea turtles we saw sharks, eels.. you name it! Visibility over 70ft and it was perfect - everything my wife and I had hoped to get from diving. Dive 2 was back to Atlantis but this time with better conditions it was like a different location altogether. More turtles were spotted (although sadly not by me!) as well as half a dozen Spanish Dancers, fascinating little creatures.

With good dive sites at their disposal, great customer service and most importantly being friendly and confident, there is nothing about Deep Ecology I cannot recommend.

1  Thank indigo_dc
Reviewed May 15, 2011

My dive master friend living on Oah’u met me at Deep Ecology after mentioning that this is the only place on the island that he’s comfortable renting his gear. Not only was the staff friendly and helpful, but their prices can’t be beat and their inventory is impressive. Later in the day we ran into one of the groups from the shop out diving in Shark’s cove, and all of the class members were having such an amazing time that they went out for a second dive.
Deep Ecology can’t be beat!

2  Thank GSather
Reviewed April 12, 2011

I did two wreck dives with this crew in early April. They were professional, friendly, knowledgeable about the dive sites, and the equipment was good. I was glad that I brought my 5/3 wetsuit which kept me warm for the second dive...the shop only had 3mm suits. Bring your own towel, and snacks if you don't like tuna sandwiches.

1  Thank iluvveggies