“Fly like a bird” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paradise Air

Paradise Air
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Imagine flying with the birds in your own open cockpit aircraft. With an instructor along, you can take the controls and soar white sandy beaches, blue waters, pineapple fields and majestic mountains. Our state-of-the-art fleet of two new powered hang gliders are the best ways to see O'ahu's north shore, while learning a bit about flying at the same time. Each student leaves with a certificate showing instruction received that applies towards FAA Sport Pilot certificate.
bangalore
“Fly like a bird”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Do you want to experience flying like a bird ? See a great view of mountains, clouds and the exquisite pacific ocean ? Then get on this power glider to have a wonder flight. Its better than flying on a helicopter/cessna coz you get a more open view. And I can't tell you enough how wonderful Tom & Denise are, they run a fun business and truly care about you having fun. Don't miss this when you are in oahu

• Korean first
Wahiawa, Hawaii
“Best Birthday to date!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband surprised me and our two sons, age 11 & 13, with flights for my birthday last weekend. I initially went into the experience with equal parts excitement and trepidation. As a nervous "commercial" flier, I can assure you that you are in good hands with Tom and Denise. Their competency and excitement regarding these amazing paragliders is contagious. Tom kept me informed every step of the way before take off, which helped ease my nerves. The flight was smooth sailing with INCREDIBLE views. Seriously, the smoothest flight I have ever experienced- not one stomach lurch or bump. Our boys had a fantastic time with Denise on their respective trips - it fueled their fascination with aviation that much more and they learned a ton! We might have to make this an annual event :) The photos and DVD are worth every penny.
We recently moved to Oahu and while we've explored extensively on the ground & sea, there is nothing like seeing this gorgeous island from such a special vantage point. Amazing.
Thank you Tom & Denise for my best birthday yet!

Saskatoon, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family friendly flight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

We were so pleased with Tom and Denise and how they cared for our "precious cargo" -- our two teenage sons! They took them each on an instructive flight in the early morning light over Oahu... what an amazing experience with such great teachers... it wasn't just a flying lesson, but Hawaiian history, geography, surfing and weather lessons all in one... As a homeschooling family, we love this kind of "unschooling"! :)

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Five Stars are not enough - Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

I had the pleasure of an introductory flight lesson last week (December 7th) at Paradise Air. Terrific views. Absolutely awesome. Flew over the north shore, Waimea Valley, Sacred Falls and more. Even saw a couple of whales. We could see Pearl not too far away as well as Molokai and Maui further in the distance. The experience was unmatched. One of the high points of our trip.

Denise, my instructor, was friendly, welcoming, laid-back, informative and professional. Controlling the hang-glider was effortless - I flew the glider for virtually the entire flight except takeoff and landing, though I was under no obligation to do so. It was entirely my choice to take the controls as much or as little as I was comfortable with. It was a completely stress-free, no-pressure experience.

Lindsey, the office manager, had been keeping my wife company while she waited. When Denise and I returned to the hanger after our flight, the friendly, welcoming feel continued. Hang out a little, have a cup of coffee, chat with Tom about powered hang gliders in general and what to look for to continue the adventure when we returned to New York.

I would HIGHLY recommend Paradise Air to everyone. Do not miss the opportunity.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Soaring with Eagles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

“Soaring with eagles” is the best way to describe the time you spend with Paradise Air.
How many times have we looked up and seen an eagle soaring overhead and wished we could do that. With Tom and Denise, you get to see what eagle see and do what they do. Glide gently over land and sea, swoop down on a whim. Soar high above taking in all the sights we are able to.
Best value for the dollar that will leave you grinning from ear to ear.
A complete professional package from the moment you arrive from people who will treat you like your best friend. All of this in a completely safe and fun environment. This is a unique experience that will be the highlight of your time in Hawaii.

Visited November 2013