“gorgeous views great people”
Review of Paradise Air

Paradise Air
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Imagine flying with the birds in your own open cockpit aircraft. With an instructor along, you can take the controls and soar white sandy beaches, blue waters, pineapple fields and majestic mountains. Our state-of-the-art fleet of two new powered hang gliders are the best ways to see O'ahu's north shore, while learning a bit about flying at the same time. Each student leaves with a certificate showing instruction received that applies towards FAA Sport Pilot certificate.
Upper midwest
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“gorgeous views great people”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

If you only have time to do one adventure, fly with Denise and Tom. My wife and I took flights in October and were lucky enough to have the perfect day with winds that allowed us to fly around Kaena Point, along the western coast and then up and over the mountains and along along the North Shore to Waialua and back. You can't beat the views and experience, wish I could buy one of those! It was a great experience and it doesn't get any better then to fly with Denise and Tom who are both very passionate about flying

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Smoky63

• Korean first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Experience-Loved It”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I found this activity while my visit to Honolulu with my husband and friends. I am glad we all did this as it is so much fun. Denise is a great instructor. Sights were beautiful. We even spotted rainbow circle. I totally recommend doing this.

1 Thank ncool2004
Colorado Springs, CO
“Might be the best birthday present ever....”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband surprised me with a flight with Paradise Air for my birthday this year. When we arrived for our scheduled flight, we met Denise & Tom and found it was too windy to fly. So, they made us coffee and chatted with us for an hour or so before making a great recommendation for breakfast nearby. Since we're not tourists but live on the island now, we rescheduled for two weeks later; that was this past weekend. I can't begin to describe how excited I was to finally fly! The weather was a little cloudy and rainy, but that actually made it quite interesting. Denise explained weather patterns and wind currents and their effect on the ocean, how to look at the ocean to better understand the wind. I found it all very fascinating. And she let me DRIVE the trike for a good part of the flight - right thru the clouds!! I giggled thru most of the flight. The views were fantastic - mountains, beaches, windmill farms, horse farms, pineapple plantation, surf contest. I'm pretty sure I could do that every single day. In fact, we decided as we drove away afterward that we would definitely try to fly again while we're still living here. Denise & Tom were so welcoming and patient in explaining what was what; they're good people running a good business!

Visited November 2012
“This was the MOST FUN!!!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Power Hang Gliding is phenomenal! Denise and Tom are great, and make it an easy and exhilarating experience all around. Hands down favorite thing I did on Oahu!

Visited November 2012
Parkville, Missouri
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Most AWESOME thing I've ever done!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was the most awesome experience! I absolutely loved the flight. Paradise Air is exceptional. I was a little apprehensive before arriving at Paradise Air. By the time it came time to put on my flight suit, I did not have a nervous feeling left. Tom made me feel so comfortable before we ever left the ground. Once we were in the air and I was able to take control it was even more exhilarating. We flew along the beautiful north shore. Tom knew all the sites and was able to point things out as we flew. It was absolutely freeing and was beyond my wildest dreams. I was so happy I took the flight at the beginning of my week in Oahu as it set the tone for the entire week. I still haven't stopped smiling when I think about the flight. Like I told Tom, I believe I will have a perpetual smile on my face every time I think about the flight. I would highly recommend Paradise Air.

Visited October 2012