“Very nice spot on the North Shore”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 20 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Jack W
“Very nice spot on the North Shore”
Reviewed December 19, 2017 for a stay in December 2017

Great location, good view, nice apartment, peace and quiet. The outdoor shower was such a good feature.

Date of stay: December 2017
Jessica H
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great value”
Reviewed November 25, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

Pros: Inexpensive. Quiet. Clean. Ocean view. Stocked kitchen. The rental includes laundry facilities & beach towels. Several rescue cats prowl the property, but they never come into your studio. Bonus goats on the adjacent property, also owned by the same person.

You are up in the mountains, overlooking the ocean. It's about a 2.5-mile drive to the closest beach park, Shark's Cove in Hale'iwa. Foodland, the one grocery store in Hale'iwa, is also close, which is truly a bonus when you're staying on the North Shore.

Cons: 1) I was overbooked & stayed the first night in the owner's unfinished studio. This was fine, because the owner said that she would refund the cost of that one night. Over 2 months later, the refund has yet to materialize, despite several prompts on my end.
2) There is a dog on the property. I love dogs; his presence was not a problem. The problem was that the dog was tied to a tree. He is ostensibly the owner's dog, but she was not on the island. This rental unit shares space with a few long-term renters, who come & go on their own schedule. Again, not a problem; no one was loud, & everyone was friendly. However, a dog who is chained to a tree barks when people go by, regardless of what time it is. This can be a little disruptive. I was allowed to walk the dog & could get him off the leash that was tied to the tree, so that he could spend time on the porch with me. He was sweet & scared of everyone, but I can't help but wonder how you can own a dog when you're not in the same time zone with him. One of the long-term renters makes sure he gets food & water, but it was hot (up to 90 degrees) when I was there. Even a shady spot under a tree gets hot. This made me sad.

Date of stay: September 2017
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Brockville, Canada
Reviewed October 28, 2017 for a stay in October 2017
people found this review helpful

Date of stay: October 2017
Adventure...
“Excellent place!”
Reviewed August 28, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We loved our stay here. Quiet, rather secluded, and only a couple of mins to a quiet beach that was never crowded and great for kids and snorkeling. Awesome places to eat were very close and you're about an hour from all the crazy busy stuff of Honolulu. The studio is very modern and has all the amenities you could hope for, we would love to stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2017
shelbynas...
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Absolutely Amazing!”
Reviewed June 29, 2017 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

We knew we wanted to stay away from the tourist filled attractions of Waikiki, but we had no idea this place would be so awesome!!! Being from south texas I was worried about no AC, but the fans and screened windows were awesome. I was never hot or sweating, even in the night. The cooler temperatures up on the mountain also make it very comfortable and relaxing. This place has top of the line appliances, a fully stocked kitchen for cooking, a keurig, a great vanity, and a super cool outdoor shower. Some said the shower needed a door or curtain, but I stayed there for two weeks and came to love the privacy and scenic views while taking a shower! plus you can see inside too. There were no bugs in the shower or anything like that. Aside from the inside, the location was perfect. we spent the majority of our time on the North Shore, at the shops in Haleiwa (Surf n Sea in Haleiwa is a MUST for surfers or beach lovers), or just hanging out on the awesome beaches like Waimea Bay and Sunset beach. We scarcely went into honolulu. There is a grocery store and coffee shop just down the road from the cabin, so everything you need is in reach. Not to mention the food trucks! all of them are amazing choices for lunch and dinner. The neighborhood is safe and beautiful. In the mornings my fiance and I would wake up and make breakfast, then go for a run around the mountain, come home and head to the beach!! Nicole has Snorkel gear as well for playing at the beach. Netflix comes with the room which was amazing. Good WIFI connection. and cute little goats! Lastly, the view from the cabin is Stunning! you can wake up every morning and look out at Waimea Bay! I hope you all love it as much as we did!!

Date of stay: December 2016
Your age range 18-24
Pioneer65...
Las Vegas, Nevada
“I dream of this place!!”
Reviewed June 27, 2017 for a stay in August 2016

I booked this vacation rental last year and it was everything we were looking for in a rental!! The location was amazing wonderful view of the North Shore. Perfect for 2 and a small child, they have a grassy area to run around in front and so close to the beach, grocery store, coffee shop, and away from the congestion of the city. It's the perfect getaway spot. Quiet and cool tucked away in the valley. Also lots of historic sites nearby, and hiking. We had wifi and tv available, towels, full kitchen where I did some of my best cooking haha. It was really wonderful staying here cant wait to come back!! Owner had great communication and also helped mail something to us that we left in the studio. Thank again!

Date of stay: August 2016
tysonbylh...
Vancouver, Canada
“Pupukea eloping!”
Reviewed June 20, 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

We couldn't have asked for more. Clean, friendly, gorgeous experience with Nicole and her tenants. I'd recommend this place for anyone who really wants to relax, and just generally be in a very special feeling environment.

Date of stay: May 2017
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing