“Great Course”

Coral Creek Golf Course
Ranked #5 of 9 things to do in Ewa Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Oahu's newest course challenges golfers of all levels.
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Excellent golf course. Great greens and fairways. Everyone is very accommodating. Beautiful area considering it is on the dryer side of the island.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Most disappointing golf experience of my life. I have had the luxury of taking annual golf vacations for many years including Pebble Beach, TPC Sawgrass, TPC Scottdale, Grand Cypress and many lesser known (and less expensive) public courses. Let me tell you about Coral Creek. I arrived only 10-15 minutes before my tee time due to a traffic accident on the H1. While trying to hurry, I watched 3-4 bag boys joking around while I unloaded my clubs at the bag drop. I then walked around for a bit trying to find the pro shop. Again, no help. The pro shop took 10 minutes to run my credit card 5 times, making 5 different errors in coding merchandise. I run out to the starter whose is telling another group about how I should have arrived 10-15 minutes before my tee time. No communication between pro shop and starter. Now I am ready to load my own bags onto a cart and get going. Bag boy tells me to "hang loose" as I have missed my tee time. With 10 empty carts in front of me he goes around back and gets another cart and tells me to "use this one". He then proceeds to chastize me about arriving earlier so "his tee times" don't get backed up. He then tells me, "You will be be playing behind a bunch of Asians so get ready for a long day." I think that is very disrespectful and his whole attitude was the worst customer service I have ever seen. Four holes into the round we have a course Marshall "lurking" behind us. You know what I mean by "lurking". Some clubs have courteous Player Assistants. Coral Creek has Marshalls to push you through your round. We are twosome playing behind two foresomes. We are having no trouble keeping up. Hole 12 our specially selected cart runs out of power. If we are not going downhill, we are pushing the cart around the course. No sign of the the Marshall now! No sign of the club cart ALL day. Thankfully, hole16 tees off next to the cart barn. We ask to change carts. Same bag boy with the same attitude reluctantly gives us another cart. Hole 16 approach shot - Marshall shows up again. As we are approaching the tee box on hole 17 - the Marshall is moving the blue tee markers to the back of the black tee boxes. Are you kidding me? We finish the round with 3-4 bag boys still having lots of fun and no interest in helping us with our clubs or bags. We also played Ko'Olau, Hawaii Prince and Royal Kunia each twice. Great courses and more important they know the importance of basic customer service. If you want a relaxing vacation, stay away from Coral Creek.

August 28, 2012 7:52am

2  Thank Robert B
Reviewed January 27, 2012

It's unfortunate when folks have bad experiences -- and that happens to us all once in a while. In the interest of transparency, I am a resident of Oahu and golf at Coral Creek 6 - 8 times a year, and I have no connection wit CC except as a paying customer. It's one of my favorite courses in West Oahu. The course is well maintained and has a fun layout for duffers and elites alike. The little restaurant serves decent food and service is good -- I've never had complain. The pro shop and starter staff have been consistently courteous and cheerful. Next time you visit Oahu and want to play a round consider Coral Creek......Rick K.

2  Thank uilamaboy
Reviewed January 16, 2010

Coupon given to golfers for complimentary drink of your choice is not for any drink - even if coupon does not specify.
I also was given a menu - then, waitress NEVER came back. Not even a glass of water after a day in the sun and heat. She never even acknowledged our attempts to get her attention for service.
After finally going to cashier, do you think I would order? They would probably contaminate my order.
This is at least the third time our club has experienced such bad service - each time, at least one of our golfers was not served.

2  Thank kelamoku
Reviewed September 2, 2009

The course is really pretty, but the sand traps were full of gravel. I don't recommend hitting out - I scratched my wedge :-( There are other courses I'd recommend first...Coral Creek is really expensive.