“Great service & fresh fish!”
Review of Tadashi Restaurant

Tadashi Restaurant
Ranked #71 of 163 Restaurants in Aiea
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great service & fresh fish!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I can not say enough positive things about tadashi! We are always welcomed by the staff when we arrive and always receive great service! Curtis and his family/staff take such great care of us when we are there! It's a shame for us that he is closed on Tuesday. If I could afford to eat out every night, this is where I would go! Curtis always has the freshest fish and is always willing to satisfy our special requests. Sit at the sushi bar to talk story with Curtis and his chefs. You won't regret it!

• Visited May 2013

Honolulu
“The Ahi Tempura was great!”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

For a couple of years I've heard of this restaurant but we're not in this area often. The other weekend my friend and I were in the area and after finding out Ricado's (Italian restaurant) didn't open until dinner, we decided on Tadashi. I had the special, Ahi Tempura Teishoku and was pleasantly surprised. I don't usually like to order cooked ahi (tuna) because most places overcook their ahi but the ahi tempura (5 medium sized pieces) were sooo moist. The ahi tempura came with two green beans, one piece eggplant and one large carrot - all tempura. It also came with the usuals - rice, tsukemono (pickled vegetables) and a small bowl of soba. The price - $17.95. I think this is a great deal compared to Gyotaku. The food isn't the same as Japan, but for local Hawaii Japanese cuisine, it was pretty good. My friend ordered a bunch of sushi and everything she had was great. My boyfriend had the Miso Butterfish which was very good. For 3 teishokus, sushi and two drinks, we spent approximately $130. A very good lunch. This place isn't fancy, it's like a Gyotaku, family style restaurant, not a fancy Japanese restaurant. We would eat here again and definitely prefer this over Gyotaku.

• Visited May 2012
Hawaii
“Birthday Celebration”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

My daughter's bday celebration was held at Tadashi just last week. Personally, this is not my favorite Japanese restaurant, but the food is good, especially for a restaurant located in the Aiea-Pearl City area. The five of us have traveled quite extensively in Japan in recent years and we'd often spend a weekend evening dining in a Japanese restaurant or izakaya, preferably in Downtown Honolulu. Time to grind: apps of various sushi to compliment the beer was very good and the dinner options seem endless. We finally settled on teri chix for the Mrs, two orders of butterfish for the bday girl and me, and two for shrimp tempura for my youngest daughter and son-in-law. I thought $20 for a serving of butterfish was a bit expensive, but it was very delicious and wonderful with the beer. The shrimp tempura was not what you'd expect with a very heavy batter, but the chix was tender, moist and very tasty. I had just received my federal tax return so the dinner was on me: $148.00. Would I return to Tadashi in the near future? Probably not. I can think of several other Japanese restaurants to satisfy my appetite for quality Japanese food.

• Visited March 2012
honolulu
“love the chirashi”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

my sushi restaurant of choice whenever I need to get my sushi fix. I have been to this restaurant for lunch and dinner since it opened. I used to live within walking distance but have since moved into town but whenever my friend and I are craving good sushi we head to Tadashi. As soon as we walk in the chef knows we are having the chirashi deluxe. The pieces of sushi include maguro, hamachi, salmon, ikura, tamago and other fresh pieces of fish on a bed of rice. It is ono! Of course we don't stop there and have to order uni, chu toro, mirugai and awabi nigiri among other things. We are never disappointed with the quality of food and service. The restaurant gets busy in the evenings and on weekends but it is worth the wait. The food is fresh and delicious and the chef and staff are great.

• Visited October 2011
“Decent Japanese food”
Reviewed June 15, 2011

The sushi is very fresh. The agedashi tofu is delicious. The nabeyaki udon lacks flavor and the udon noodle is poor quality. Authentic Japanese food - not local style Japanese food.

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank Yodiebodie

Been to Tadashi Restaurant? Share your experiences!