“Best Korean Food on the Island!”
Review of Young's Kalbee

Young's Kalbee
Ranked #9 of 162 Restaurants in Aiea
Wahiawa, Hawaii
“Best Korean Food on the Island!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

It is worth the drive to Aiea to eat the tender, melt-in-your mouth Meat Jun, with delectable veggies and rice at this small, but extremely tasty restaurant! Two can share one plate, and they began offering brown rice recently!! Food is fresh, but around dinner, seating is limited! It is best to call in your order and take out.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Barbisurf

honolulu, hi
“The Meat Jun”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The meat jun is a must for people going to aiea. you don't have to go to waikiki and pay for bad service and ok quality. at young's they will treat you like family and will always remember you. it is a small restaurant and will be crowded at times but otherwise is great.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank bandgeek3141
kaneohe, Hawaii, USA
“tasty”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Very very tasty--although..when you order meat and chicken..it has the same taste-must be the same marinade? Mandoo is the best thing that they have

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Keauliilani K
Hawaii
“Greasy Meat Jun & Fried Mandoo”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

My brother-in-law ordered the meat jun and b-b-q meat for a family dinner and we were impressed with the food. After our usual Monday volunteer work, the mrs and I decided we'd have a sit down lunch here. Although I enjoy eating Kalbi, I thought the price of $23 was a bit steep so ordered the meat jun and b-b-q chix while the mrs ordered the meat jun and mandoo. We were immediately served two kim chee dishes which we both enjoyed and when our entrees arrived we were startled to see the quantity of the food on this rather huge plate wi/2 scoops rice, pickled wakami/seaweed, bean sprouts & cabbage which I thoroughly enjoyed. I stared at the meat juhn and it looked kinda greasy to me so I dabbed a piece with my napkin and it was just soaked with oil. The chicken was delicious and I shared it with the mrs who said it was excellent. She was dabbing her meat juhn and mandoo on napkins. The meat jun and mandoo had a wonderful taste, after removing the excess oil. Mrs decided not to con't eatting the oily entree and I also stopped eating the meat jun. I noticed a family of 3 ordering the Kalbi and it appeared that was their favorite dish and were regular customers. I don't think I'll be visiting this restaurant again, not for oily food!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank bonefish2
“Good food, fair service”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Love their mandoo and meat jun. they have poor phone service, you'd need to go in and order.

Visited April 2012