“Poor Customer Service, eat somewhere else...”

California Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #13 of 163 Restaurants in Aiea
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Aiea, Hawaii
“Poor Customer Service, eat somewhere else...”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

When: Thursday, Nov. 29th 7:00 pm, Party of 2 Adults

We normally visit this location at least once a month and sit at one of the counter chairs. We love the food, but have encountered slow customer service issues in the past, but it wasn't anything major. However, the experience that we encountered last night will make us spend our dining dollars somewhere else.

It took "Mike" about 15 minutes before acknowledging us and clearing the glasses & napkins from a previous customer. Another 15 minutes went by until we finally get to place our order of 1) Pear & Gorgonzola Pizza, 2) Original BBQ Chicken Pizza and 3) Cup of Tortilla Soup. The Cooks delayed our order because they wasn't any Pears at the Prep table. When the Pear Pizza finally came out of the oven, the Kitchen Supervisor calls out "where's the Original BBQ" Cooks reply, "went out already", Kitchen Supervisor responds, "fast track an Original BBQ". After nearly 50 minutes since sitting down at the counter, we get to eat.

By then, Mike knowing we were angry avoided eye contact with us and kept telling the cooks "you guys killing me". He then calls the manager, who in a non apologetically manner comes to us and says "sorry for the wait, we will comp the meal, but cannot comp alcohol", then walks away. Fine, with that attitude and customer service I can take my disposable dining dollars elsewhere, and we will.

Visited November 2012

Kailua, Hawaii
“New Favorite Place!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have walked by CPKs in various places for years and never went in...finally stopped in the one at Pearl Ridge Mall, and we are hooked! Great menu selection, great atmosphere, great food, great service. Appetizer, 3 pizzas, dessert, and 2 cream sodas, all for under $65 (and brought some home, to boot!). This place is a keeper.

• Visited September 2012
“Fun and busy location”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My family and I had a nice lunch here. It was a busy lunch hour and there was a line outside to get in but it moved quickly enough. Enjoyed the shopping around this restaurant. Fun atmosphere. They have a kids menu. We actually ate pasta here not the pizza but I do like their pizzas. Try the Hawaiian, Margherita, Thai and the Denver Breakfast pizzas! I also suggest the Sedona tortilla soup and their sandwiches, yogurt parfait and chocolate chip cookies taste good, too. Great salads too and I believe some offer gift cards. Good eatins.

Aiea, Hawaii
“Calf Pizza”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Great menu choices, a bit over priced but always loud! We keep trying this in what we think are "off times' and it's packed out the door and so l loud no table it better. We had very good service from..Kirsten 4 June

Visited June 2012
Sacramento, California
“Good Food and Service”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I had the chopped salad & my partner had a grilled sandwich. Busy place. Good for lunch before a movie or for a shopping break.

No down side to our lunch.

Visited March 2012