“Always satisfied!”

Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,237 helpful votes
“Always satisfied!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I'm ok with buffets but never cared for shabu shabu style of restaurants -- until I took a chance and went to Ichiriki in Aiea for dinner! All the nabe in their menu is excellent,(curry is my favorite), portions are huge (I always take home leftovers), and the service is consistently good. This has become one of our favorite restaurants!

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank vrite

Hawaii
“LOVE this place!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is one of my favorite restaurants on the island. Healthy, great staff, good food, nice atmosphere. and GREAT happy hour and late nite specials. Can't go wrong!

Visited September 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
“Very good but for the.....”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Service: From the greeting as you enter,the seating, order taking, table prep, serving, and departure, the service is top notch! Our server was very friendly and knowledgeable and very prompt with 'service', something that seems lacking in so many other eateries.

Food: Was very very good but for the MSG in the broth. Did not see it on the menu and got the headache after. Otherwise, the food was fresh and tasty!. I had the shortribs with spicy shoyu nabe. This is the main reason for not giving it a 5 star rating.

Seating: We started off on the bench style booths. Something about this bench was very uncomfortable and we asked to switch to a normal chair/table instead.

Revisit?: Definitely, but since I am allergic to the MSG, I will try the ShabuShabu next, unless they can figure out a way to make the Nabe broths without it.

We went for lunch and the place was packed. Parking can be a bit of mess in this popular shopping center but the tasty food easily trumps this problem.

• Visited September 2013