“Not hygienic. OCD-ers, beware!”

Teddy's Bigger Burgers
Ranked #9 of 163 Restaurants in Aiea
Cuisines: American
Kapolei, Hawaii
“Not hygienic. OCD-ers, beware!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Arrived hungry and ready for anything. We decided to hit up this location versus Honolulu to avoid traffic and parking difficulties. The cashier was friendly.

The bad: Some of the kitchen staff were not wearing gloves! I mentioned it to the cashier and she said they were out! Who runs out of gloves? Then, while waiting (a long time) for our order, I saw the other cashier high-five a cook. (Her hands that have handled money and his hands that had gloves on.) Uh, hi?! One of my sisters couldn't bring herself to eat the food. In fact, once she witnessed this, she cancelled her order and got her money back.

My pastrami was mostly fat. I get it, it's pastrami, but it was mostly fat and most of it ended up back in my napkin.

The restrooms are for employees only. Who does that? I mean, I know Baskin Robbins doesn't have bathrooms, but a large burger joint? People with kids, beware!

Lastly, were there near closing and they brought the outside garbage can through the kitchen and into the restaurant to empty the cans. Once the worker saw the customers, she said, "oops" and proceeded to take the dirty can back through the kitchen.

Visited July 2013

Dallas, TX
“Want to spend $42 for 2 burgers, fries and shake? Big mistake”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

2 Thumbs down. Absolutely terrible.

They got our order wrong. When given the opportunity to fix it, the manager said, sorry, I am here to make money"

The owner, Teddy, called my cell phone at 10pm that night screaming about his problems of running a restaurant. Terrible.

They up charge for onion rings or a shake in their combo, and charge a crazy amount for all the good toppings on the burger that reminded me why I dont eat fast food.

They have 3 sizes of burgers and one sized bun, which happens to be so thing and disintegrate while eating the burger that you are left wit a mess in your hands.

Terrible. Avoid this place at all costs. There are soooooooo many other choices to eat in Oahu.

• Visited June 2013
Hamilton, Montana, United States
“its a burger”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

People rave about this place. Heres what we got....a seemingly prepackaged thrown on the grill hamburger and cold fries. Also, prepackaged salad, with toppings that also can go on your burger. Oh, and alot of rude staff. Very rude staff. But, we were starving, and it was what we could find....
Then we went back to the beach, bad food forgotten.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank DJPH1
“9 ounces of "ono kine grinds"”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

After hiking two miles into one if Oahu's mountain trails and back, my three hiking companions and I were more than ready for some serious grinds. What better place to replenish our bodies' need for protein and carbs than Teddy's Bigger Burgers?

Their burgers come in three sizes, namely 5, 7, and 9 ounce patties. I ordered the 9 ounce Hawaiian style burger, which is a teri burger topped with a slice of grilled pineapple, lettuce, pickles, onions, and Teddy's special sauce, along with tots, seasoned tater tots fresh out of
the deep fat fryer. I liked that two employees came to our table at separate times to offer us handi wipes for our greasy fingers.

The three employees we met seemed courteous, helpful, and welcoming.

The only drawback I noticed in the place was that the music was very loud.

So far, I have been to the Teddy's in Hawaii Kai and Manoa, and found the food at each branch outstanding, always on the to-do list whenever my family visits Hawaii. I definitely look forward to my next visit to Oahu, so I can eat Teddy's Bigger
Burgers again!

• Visited May 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Tasty Burgers if not on a budget”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We went here after a friends recommendation. The server was very friendly and helped my wife make a decision on the type of burger she wanted. She ordered a burger that was supposed to have avacados but they weren't on there when the burger came out. The burger was still good but the wife likes avacodos. I had one of the special burgers and it was pretty tasty but I felt their sauce overpowered the flavors of the other infredients. Value was ok. I am guessing because it was our first day on Oahu. There were a couple of gnat like bugs in the restaurant too, not sure if they were produce bugs or just typical in all restaurants. Overall food was good and we would go back.

• Visited May 2013