“Will come back as soon as possible, it's that wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rainbow Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aiea
Rainbow Inn
You added Rainbow Inn to your Saves list
Ranked #1 of 2 Aiea B&B and Inns
oregon
“Will come back as soon as possible, it's that wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

This has been our 8th year staying at The Rainbow Inn. Quiet and peaceful, a private pool, kitchen and stunning view of Pearl Harbor. Close to everything Oahu has to offer! Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Hawaii

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank seekingpeaceandquiet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

We would highly recommend. Great attention to detail. We felt right at home and enjoyed the view very much.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank borninsudbury
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Rainbow Inn. It was perfectly located near Pearl Harbor and a short drive to the Honolulu/Waikiki areas. The guest room is located at the bottom of a house in the Aiea foothills above Pearl Harbor. There is a little side gate to enter and we found it very private and quiet. The view from the room was magnificent, especially at sunset. The guest room itself was very comfortable - a nice sized kitchen, comfortable bed, and large bathroom. Terri welcomed us from the start and we bumped into her one day and had a nice chat. When we return to Oahu, we wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank TravelingSuz
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

We had such a great experience here. We'd read good reviews on this site and booked on that basis, and from my very first email communications with Terri I felt confident we made the right choice. The view and lanai are beautiful, and the room was cleaner than a hotel we later paid $300/night for! The value really cannot be beat, especially since beach essentials are provided - we always had clean beach towels in addition to bath towels, and I was mad at myself for forgetting to bring a beach bag, but there was one hanging in the beach supply area, and it was such a relief not to have to spend ten bucks on one at Target!

In addition to that, it was nice to have recommendations for local sites and businesses - this definitely made a difference in our trip. It was great having a kitchen, too, not just for breakfast but for reheating leftovers for lunch, etc. Many places on the island serve huge portions, and it was great to save money by reheating them for lunch or a snack.

I felt like there were so many little touches that made our stay special, as opposed to our stay at a chain hotel, which was not bad but didn't feel as personal and thoughtful as the attention we got at this B&B. (And I am usually someone who would prefer a chain hotel! This experience really changed my mind.)

We have so many beautiful pictures of the view and the lovely garden. Loved having the privacy of our own pool area and waking up to birdsong! We were able to get everywhere from North Shore to Waikiki in less than an hour, even in the infamous traffic.

I'm so glad we stayed here for our first trip to Hawaii and would recommend it to anyone - we really felt welcome in this beautiful home.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jennifer F
Beverwijk, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

Wow, this was an excellent start of our honeymoon. I'm so glad that we found this wonderful Rainbow Inn. Terri and Mike have a peaceful and quiet place. The garden and pool are beautiful. The room is pretty decorated and was well stocked. You don't need to bring towels and beachgear, because Terri and Mike have taken care for this part. Also the fridge was stocked and there was coffee and tea. But the most beautiful thing we had here, was the view. We woke up and could see Pearl Harbor from our bed. The view is incrediable.
The location of the inn is great. It is a wonderful jumping off point to access the entire island quickly and easily. Major highways are within easy reach. And you are not in tourist town Waikiki!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
California, New Jersey, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I returned to the Rainbow Inn over Labor Day weekend and enjoyed my stay immensely, thanks to Terry and Mike's continued attention to detail.

The room was stocked with current local guides and newspapers. Every night, I perused them and made an itinerary for the next day. I went to local farmers' markets and shops I never would have found on my own.

The Inn provides all of the items I needed to pack a lunch then set off to the beach and on my errands: coolers, beach mats, etc. This saved me a small fortune for items I would have bought but would not have been able to bring home.

Each day when I returned "home," I took it down a notch and spent time at the spotless pool overlooking Pearl Harbor. What a view.

Mike and Terri upgraded their wireless router which made a noticeable improvement in internet service: it was fast and effortless - perfect for those who want to quickly ensure things aren't imploding at the office.

This time I actually used the TV. The inn's welcome guide easily explained how to use the remote and there were a multitude of channels to choose from.

I made more home-cooked meals on this trip, too, and was happy to find that every utensil, pot and container I needed to whip up and store my meals was in the unit.

Go. You will thank yourself.

Room Tip: There is only one room.