“New Management Means Many Upgrades”

Harbor Shores Apartment Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aiea
Harbor Shores Apartment Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Specialty Lodging in Aiea
Aiea, Hawaii
“New Management Means Many Upgrades”
Reviewed February 1, 2011

I have been here since early September 2010, and have seen many improvements in this short time. New management of Harbor Shores has made these apts. a pleasure to stay in. Beautiful landscaping, daily maintenence, new appliances, and friendly personnel has made my stay here extremely enjoyable. I would recommend these apartments to any traveler looking for reasonable rates, and a great location. I noticed that the negative comments are all years old, well, things have changed for the better!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Eddie2times

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
eastcoast
Reviewed March 21, 2009

My mom and dad decided to take me and my 2 sisters on vacation that we were never able to affort as children. We now have our own families. We got to the Harbor Shore Apartments in the middle of the night due to a flight delay. We had no problem getting our key and they were very friendly. You really got the Hawaiian laid back feel when you entered the apartment. Maybe it wasnt the fanciest place we could have stayed at, but we were very happy. When you tour the island you relieze that the beauty is everywhere. We had a wonderful time and the memories will last a life time.
I have read over the other reviews and I am a little disappointed that people can be so shallow. This is a simple place, but there is nothing wrong that wouldn't be anyplace else at any time.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled with family
4 Thank mommygail
Blue Mountains
Reviewed January 15, 2007

I stayed here with my 10 yr old son for 2 nights - if it had been for any longer I would have left and found other accommodation. In short:

Bad points:
Lot of dodgey looking characters around this area.
No maintenance whatsoever has been done in these apartments - broken light switches, not enough lighting in the room, paint falling off walls, toilet blocked up the morning we checked out.
No dishwashing liquid provided - distinct deterrent to cooking in the unit.
Overpriced - I paid US$105 per night for a dump.
On check-in, I was provided with an information sheet stating: "Management takes no responsibility whatsoever for missing or lost articles"....!!!
Flimsy curtains let external light into the room making it difficult to get to sleep.

Good points:
Within walking distance of Pearl Harbor which was the main reason for our stopover in Hawaii.

Interesting to note that while I was waiting for our taxi to the airport, a lady who was staying there asked me for my opinion which I gladly provided. She agreed 100% and was going to check out and find other accommodation for the remainder of her stay.

In short - find somewhere else....!

Stayed January 2007
4 Thank LaineyBlueMountains

Travelers are raving about these Aiea hotels

aiea, hawaii
Reviewed October 26, 2006

My husband and I stayed there for a couple nights with our 2 dogs in transit to Kona. Granted the hotel needs some upgrading but they accepted our pets with no problems. We are leaving to go back to San Diego in a couple months and I'm going to need to find a place that accepts more than one pet for a couple days, I hope they still accept pets. I would hate to be separated from my pets right before they have to take a long ride to Cali. Everyone there was very nice to us. And we probably will stay there again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — air condition not working properly
  • Tips/Secrets — pick a room that the air condition works if it is in the heat of summer.
  • Stayed September 2003, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank mamawash
CA
Reviewed July 27, 2006

We stayed at the Harbor Shores because we were moving to the area and needed a place that would accept pets as well as military temporary lodging allowance. Unfortunately for us, this was the only place that met these requirements.

I would agree with the other reviewers: this place has not changed since WWII. I imagine that the review to the contrary is a plant from the management.

Yes, this is an "apartment hotel", but we did not use the kitchen at all because of an ant infestation. Thankfully we did not need the second bedroom because it was unairconditioned and the bed covers had cigarette burns in them.

The parking area backs up against a vacant building/lot and as such we were nervous to leave our rental car here. The view of the USS Arizona can only be accessed from a walking path that is gated (you can apparently obtain a key from the front desk).

One night there was a spider the size of my hand crawling on the ceiling. I know that this is an island and that bugs are common, but this was foul.

I would not recommend staying here to anyone. In fact, we actually considered boarding our pets and finding somewhere else to stay; thankfully, we were able to find housing elsewhere and check out after three nights.

• Liked — Checking out
  • Disliked — Cleanliness, location
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank travlingal05
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 7, 2005

I would not recommend this hotel/apartment to anyone traveling to Honolulu. The units are old and completely run down. The bathrooms are dirty, the curtains grimy and the screen doors to the lanai falling off their frames. While the location of this facility is convenient for those who have business in the Pearl Harbor area, it is worth fighting traffic to find a hotel that is not only clean but in a better part of town.

• Stayed June 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 30, 2005

Want a great location on Island? This is the place. Easy access to H1 or Kam Hwy. Lots of places to dine in the area - all types of great food and shopping within walking distance. Easy bus access and several gas stations nearby. Easy access into and from premises. Well lite parking area. Transportation never a hassle.

Harbor Shores is ideal because it affords the visitor the apartment hotel environment. The bedrooms are large by Hawaiian standards and airconditioning provides plenty of cooling for the warmer months. A large balcony entrance and sitting area provides a nice social setting for anyone who visits. Separate kitchen, eating and living areas provides plenty of living area.

The laundry mat is inexpensive and there are always managers present to answer questions or provide guidance. The aloha spirit of Island hospitality resides at Harbor Shore! Lots of friendly faces and happy tenents! A great place to spend a week or even months at really affordable prices! Thank you.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aiea
Airport Honolulu Hotel
#5 of 84 in Honolulu
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,855 reviews
Downtown Honolulu
Aston at the Executive Centre Hotel

Been to Harbor Shores Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!