“Great Saimin and Cheeseburger Combo Meal in Town”
Review of Forty Niner

Forty Niner
Ranked #4 of 169 Restaurants in Aiea
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Experience a cool old style restaurant atmosphere where you can sit on a counter with bar stool seats or restaurant seating! Old style restaurant layout inclusing bare concrete floor with casual dress atire is ordinary. The homemade hamburger patties reminded me of how my mom made hamburger patties. The saimin noodels are a little chewy, just how I like them!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

The Forty Niner diner is just that a local diner! I was lucky enough has a kid to come here for burgers and saimin. A few years ago the original owners sold the diner and a local boy took over. I was there the last day the original owner was there. She introduced me to the new owner. He asked me to keep support the Forty Niner, and I replied, as long as you keep the menu and the quality the same I will be back. I can say that he has done that. The original burger and saimin are exactly the same. Still home made fresh and tasty. Plenty of parking now in the empty lot next to the diner. The new owner has added things on the menu and I have not tried any of those items. I stick with what I know that there burgers and saimin are the best. The waitresses are awesome, warm and friendly. If you are from out of town and want to try a good burger place this is it!

2  Thank F5993GMericd
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Ate here for the very first time after passing by countless times. Beyond pleased with the food and quick service. We had the 49er pancake special with the mouth watering haupia macadamia nut sauce, to die for garlic chicken, and the 49er breakfast special .....so delish!!! We just found a new eating spot that we will be taking the rest of the family to.

1  Thank princeM2H
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Small so if hungry go early..Very homestyle set up.Has only about 4 parking spaces so eating here is sometimes a chore and well worth the wait...known for their hamburgers local style..

Reviewed May 23, 2012

After our workout, we headed straight to 49 without even taking a shower. OK, my all time fav is hamburger steak smothered in grilled onions w/brown gravy, mac salad and white rice ($8.50)... the burgers were filled with a bit too much bread, and the onions consisted of just one slice..gravy was very good and the mac salad was very good (spaghetti noodles). Mrs ordered the roast pork with brown gravy, white rice and veggie salad ($8.25). Ho, da salad was in a small saimin bowl with an asian creamy sauce...oh, soooo ono consisting of fresh Romaine lettuce. The pork was very flavorful and tender..so much food she couldn't put a dent in the plate. I would rate this restaurant a few stars above Kapiolani Coffee Shop.