“Delicious Chicken!”

Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed February 23, 2012

The tasty chicken is so delicious. I miss it just thinking about it!

Reviewed January 28, 2012

The Alley at Aiea Bowl is a very casual restaurant that serves a mix of local favorites as well as some dishes that are their own creations.

The food is excellent. I think it's some of the best local-style comfort food around. My husband and I had the oxtail soup that comes with the traditional side of rice and fresh grated ginger, watercress, bean sprouts and basil that you add to the soup according to your taste. The soup was rich and full of flavor. The fresh ginger and greens added the perfect balance of brightness to the rich tender oxtail. We were pretty full as the servings here are hearty, but my brother-in-law insisted we try the Lemon Crunch Cake, so we ordered one slice to share. It was heavenly. There was moist delicious lemon cake with just enough real buttercream frosting to get the crunchy caramel topping to stick. It was a blend of flavors and textures that just melded perfectly. A must- have.

The atmosphere is what you would expect of a restaurant attached to a bowling alley. It isn't fancy, but it has it's charm.

Expect to wait in line as they don't take reservations. We went there for an early lunch (11:00) and got seated right away, but when we left (12:45) there was a line out the door.

1  Thank fashionlvr
Reviewed January 11, 2012

So good we went back two weeks later. Most popular seems to be the Crispy Chicken. Fried up crisp and dipped in sauce, it was perfect. We also tried the Kal bi which was very soft and flavorful. The hamburger steak was great with a homemade gravy. On my next visit I will try the fried pork chops. The portions are large and the food is really good. You can also get a combination plate. They have garlic fries that are thin fries, very crisp and very garlicky. Great desserts, so save room. We took our dessert to go. Prices are very reasonable. People of all ages seemed to be enjoying their food. The staff are so friendly and all seem to work together. You don't just have one waiter or waitress, everyone keeps your water full, checks to see if you need anything.

1  Thank Lisa60653
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Aiea Bowl serves up fantastic local food in a fun, noisy atmosphere... a bowling alley in a neighborhood of Honolulu. I recommend the shoyu pork. This place serves beefed-up, classier version of plate lunch options. I always take mainlanders here for local kine grinds.

1  Thank rggKaneohe
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Every dish we've tried has been fantastically delicious. Quick service and reasonable prices.

1  Thank Steelers15104