“Excellent Food”
Review of El Mariachi 2

El Mariachi 2
Ranked #115 of 167 Restaurants in Aiea
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Look at the existing reviews online - excellent place, well worth listing!
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This restaurant is a bit of a dive (hence 4 stars instead of 5), but food is fantastic. The tacos are excellent--even without sour cream and guacamole! I am on weight watchers and even without cheese (there is a sprinkle) they are fantastic.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

El Mariachi 2 offers great food at decent prices. I have been coming here for the past two years when I want good Mexican food.

Notes. There is no restroom in the restaurant. It can get crowded during lunch and service slows significantly.
The food is good. I have had the mariachi tacos and the campeon burrito.
Chips and salsa are also good but additional servings cost.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

El Mariachi 2 is a little hard to find, being tucked away a few doors Diamond Head of Price Busters in Aiea. The decor is pretty simple, bright colors with a few sombreros on the walls. The place holds about 30 people by my guess. The noise level can be a little high because of the acoustics. This was a lunch visit, and it was about 2/3 full. Still, the service was prompt. Just a very short wait for the food, and the bill was cleared quickly. So, I have to give them an A on service. I had a shredded beef chimichanga and my friend had shredded beef chili relleno (sp?). Both dishes came with refried beans, spanish rice, guacamole, sour cream, etc. So, both were full plates, and both entrees were under $10. The food was very good. Good taste, filling and reasonably priced. There were a lot of people in uniform in there, probably regulars. And, I know there are a lot of places closer to the bases to have lunch. So, it was reassuring to see what appeared to be repeat customers. I'll be back, too. One note is that there is no beer or liquor for sale. It may be a BYOB, but I didn't ask. Total bill with tip was $23.00 for two people.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

This was one of the best meals we had during our trip to Hawaii. Plenty of food for 2 and tasted great. Chips and salsa were also very good

Reviewed March 3, 2012

We ordered many different items on the menu, and they were all good. The carnitas I had were the best that I've eaten since we left Chihuahua. The food is served in a reasonable time period, and the amounts are more than enough. The guacamole is very good. Overall, a pleasant place to eat.