“Beautiful beach - takes work to get to it!”
Review of Kawakiu Beach

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kawakiu Beach
Reviewed February 9, 2012

On a hike towards Ilio Point in January of 2010 (never got all the way there), I passed Kawakiu Beach. I spent a bit of time enjoying the spot, and was the only one there the whole time. It's about a mile or so north of the west-end condos. The "road", if you can call it that, will take your 4WD vehicle's abilities to the edge. I was happy to get back without rolling mine onto it's side! In retrospect walking would have been safer. There were some other footprints in the sand; no telling how long they had been there. It may be possible to get to the beach the LONG way from the Mo'omomi area, but I doubt it - there are likely locked gates along the many miles of dirt roads one would have to use.

I made a little webpage with pictures of Kawakiu Beach - enjoy!

7  Thank Stevenmm
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I'm not sure how you'd find this beach if you weren't staying right there!! We went out there on a whim as we'd seen others going that way.

1  Thank leflerpet