“cool place to meet visitors and locals”
Review of Coffees of Hawaii

Coffees of Hawaii
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Kualapuu
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Dropped by twice while in Molokai for nine days. Had the mocha mama, I liked it. They had decaf for my wife. Didn't eat there. The staff were very friendly, don't be in a rush. Met other visitors there and a local artist selling glass bead bracelets. She gave my wife a hand made coffee mug just cause we hung out. We then offered her and a friend a ride into town. If you are, you can eat there or go down a block and eat at the Cookhouse. The shop next door has a few cool items and of course the tourist stuff. You will drive by on the way to the lookout for Kaluapapa or while having a meal at the Cookhouse. Why not slow down and enjoy.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Nothing special, only go there if you are on your way to another destination like the cultural museum. Coffee is good enough, but they serve it in a very large cup, so if you like your coffee normal to strong, ask them to only half fill the cup. It's a tiny coffee shop big enough for you to order your coffee and sit outside in the porch. Porch is nice and shaded. Gift shop just sell your typical tourist stuff. Latte is $4.50' which is expensive for the island, flat white is more reasonable, $3.50

If you 'need' your coffee fix and you happen to be in the area, then swing by. But don't go out of your way to try the coffee.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We ate lunch there twice and they have wonderful salads and sandwiches. There are several to choose from. The gift shop is next door that has many nice things.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Fresh brewed, with a nice selection of options that includes flat whites! This was a nice stop after the mule ride. The neighboring gift shop closes at 4, so plan according. Free Wi-fi is a bonus!!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I guess I'm just dumb, but for some reason I thought this was a place you learned about coffee. Well, I guess it could be, if you just keep ordering different drinks. It's basically a coffee shop. They have food, they have drinks, they even have shave ice and ice cream. I had their signature mocha mama. It was fine. It's a small place and lots of people go here, so be sure you're on Molokai time and not in a hurry! I'd go back if I was looking for a snack or a drink and was in the area.