“A Friendly Family Place”
Review of Aunty Ruby's Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Aunty Ruby's Cafe
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Silver Spring, Maryland
“A Friendly Family Place”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We were returning from a morning visiting the west-end beaches of Moloka'i and had stopped in town to buy some groceries for lunch at the Friendly Market when my friend saw Aunty Ruby's across the street. We walked over to check it out and decided to try it for lunch. My friend is a Filipina, so she liked many of the items on the menu. She had the menudo (if you are familiar with Mexican menudo, this is NOT the same at all) and I had a noodle and shrimp stir-fry whose name I forget. Both were very good and the portions were more than ample. In fact, leftovers were almost enough for dinner, too.

The place seems to be very popular with families and a few of the other tables were full of people enjoying their meals. Everyone here was extremely friendly and the food is good. I was a little disappointed that they had already run out of spam musubi for the day, but this is a good sign!

No frills, just good food in a nice place full of nice people.

• Visited March 2013