“Molokai sports fishing”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Molokai sports fishing”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The ocean is the Master, a fish is a fish, a boat is a boat, but the crew are what makes the experience. Beautiful seas, big safe boat, and the best crew ever with Jim and Jill on the deck, and Captain Chris.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Joanne C

Vancouver, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We booked our snorkel adventure 4 days in advance through the Fish and Dive shop. Everything ran like clockwork and the weather was fantastic! We saw far too many whales to count on our way to our first snorkel location. Captain Tim and his crew (Gabe and Jill (?)) were friendly and helpful... providing us with wetsuits and our snorkels. We saw a huge variety of fish and swam with several Turtles! So much fun. We would love to go on another adventure with Molokai Fish and Dive!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank effsee1974
Boise, ID
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Took Both Snorkeling & Fishing Trips”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We took both a snorkeling trip and a half-day fishing trip with Molokai Fish and Dive. They were both great! The snorkeling on the fringing reef was fantastic - the coral is extremely healthy and colorful, and we saw lots of fish (and an eel and octopus) as well as several green sea turtles (my favorite). The boat is small, so we were with only a few other snorkelers and Captain Tim and Gabe the dive master were great - knowledgeable and friendly and talkative.

A couple of days later, we went out on a half-day deep-see fishing trip with Captain Chris, Gabe, and two other fishermen - Rod and Jason. They are all so enthusiastic about fishing, it was contagious. It was a great day to be on the water - Molokai (as well as Maui and Lanai) was covered in clouds, but we had sun out on the water! My husband caught a 15-lb mahi mahi, and the guys tried their best to hook another fish for my son to bring in - but we didn't get another bite. We saw a lot of whales (one humpback breached right off the stern as we headed out) - another benefit - and an amazing full rainbow. The mahi was beautiful AND delicious - we ate it for the next 4 meals.

I highly recommend Molokai Fish and Dive - they obviously love what they do and we found they worked hard to make sure everyone was pleased.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank idria50
Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“These guys are great!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Especially if you have done any tours on bigger islands or other crowded places this company is nice and intimate. We came from a snorkel experience in Maui with 30 people on the boat to a snorkel with Captain Tim and 5 other people. No need to bump elbows with others as you are looking down under the sea. The stuff to see is plentiful and Tim took us to two different locations. Turtles, spotted ray, and lots of fish!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Caitlinzombie
Ellison Bay, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Proceed with caution when booking with this company”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I booked two trips in advance with this company - one was a hike to Kaulapapa and another for snorkeling. I paid in full six weeks in advance. When I did the hike the folks at the bottom did not want to honor my paid voucher from Fish and Dive - said they don't pay their bills. After some discussion they did reluctantly take the voucher. We then decided to cancel our snorkeling trip more than 48 hours ahead of their cancellation policy but the woman at Fish and Dive said it would take several days to find "my paperwork" and issue a refund ... she said prices have gone up and she had to see what I had paid... turns out the price was the same. Thankfully I was still on the island and went into the Fish and Dive shop the next day ... amazingly the paperwork was quickly found .. she did process my refund.. however it has not showed up on the credit card yet and I had to file a dispute with the credit card company. I do have the refund receipt so I know I will get the refund it's only a matter of time. However, this company has either money problems or bad management practices or both. I would not recommend them.

Visited January 2013