“Capt Tim and DM Gabe were awesome!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Molokai Fish & Dive Center
san diego, ca
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Capt Tim and DM Gabe were awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

I had never been to Molokai, but when a friend offered his condo at Molokai Shores, I jumped at the chance. Capt Tim is pretty much the only game in town, and that suits me just fine. He owns Molokai Fish & Dive and drives the boat. His DM, Gabe, was on the spot. I don't think there was anything we didn't see: manta ray, shark, sea horse, endless coral, so many fish that I was dumb-founded, and turtles? So many at their many cleaning stations that I lost count.

Now mind you, this is not a fancy operation; a drink and some Cheetos , but that suits me just fine. I was there to dive, and dive we did. Over and over again. About a 30 min ride in calm water to the sites, small groups and customer service at its best. Had a great time, so much that I added him to this site. Mahalo Capt Tim: Molokai is mo bettah!

Visited February 2012
4 Thank wahinisis

Juneau, Alaska
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Great snorkeling with knowledgeable and local guides”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

Upon arriving on Moloka'i our taxi driver sent us to Moloka'i Fish and Dive as the operator of choice for our snorkel desires. Moloka'i reportedly has the longest fringing reef in all of Hawaii. We were out with 3 other friendly folks and guided by Captain Tim and First Mate Gabe. We really appreciated the safe manner in which the boat was handled and the respect for doing no damage to the reef, while Gabe's stories of life on Moloka'i, having been born and raised there were great. Even better was the snorkeling. We knew they would take us to two very different places on the reef, but then we were given a bonus snorkel when they found a big pod of Spinner Dolphins. After letting us all take endless pictures of the dolphins, we jumped in to take pictures of us with the dolphins. Our other snorkel stops provided more Green Sea Turtles than we'd ever seen and a wonderful array of very healthy corals and fish species. The wind came up as it does here in the winter and we very safely were taken back to the wharf. Twas a very satisfying snorkel trip.

Visited February 2012