“Good island hangout”

Paddlers Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #4 of 21 Restaurants in Kaunakakai
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Molokai is a uniquely wonderful Hawaiian island and Paddlers Restaurant is a part of that beauty. A favorite local hangout and a favorite of those visiting the island. The food is absolutely great, there is a full bar including specialty drinks, a large selection of beer and various wines. Live entertainment is provided with no cover charge most nights. There service is outstanding and every effort is made to make sure our guests are happy and satisfied.
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This place has great atmosphere and nice specials. Very island themed, friendly wait staff, and pretty good food. We had lunch twice, and enjoyed the shrimp po boy on Fat Tuesday. The chicken teriyaki, not so good, a little dry. But the nature of the place is what makes it; outdoors, good bar, and reasonable prices.

There are newer reviews for Paddlers Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My wife and I stopped at Paddler's om the last night we were on Molokai for dinner. We were greeted as we walked in and seated right away, two differant servers came to make sure our drink order was taken. A man (who later appeared to be the manager or owner) came by our table as we looked at the menu and asked if we had any questions, we both thought the spaghetti with meatballs sounded good, he said one order was enough for the two of us and it was. One of the best meals we had out of four dinners on the island. Would recommend Paddler's to all as the best dinner spot in Kaunakakai. Prices were reasonable also.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

The location is very convenient to the main part of Kaunakakai town and they often have live music. We arrived on a "seat yourself night" and proceeded to an open table. Be prepared to wait, a very long time for mediocre food. It took over 45 minutes to get a menu and our drinks ordered. Then it took over an hour to get our food (consisting of ribs and a hamburger).

When the burger arrived, it was NOT what I ordered. I flagged down a waitress (the only way to get any service), to say that my "avocado burger had no avocado." She went to the kitchen and came back to say that they were out of avocado burgers so they gave me a cheese/bacon burger instead. She apologized and said she would take it off of our bill. But when the bill came the burger was still on it. I went to ask why and she said that she had taken $1 off so I was charged for a cheese burger. I responded that I didn't even order that! She went to adjust the bill again and somehow it was even more than the first bill!!! We just left in an effort to get out of an EXTREMELY UNCOMFORTABLE situation in which I was labeled as "pissed off" by the waitress to my face. This location definitely does not foster Molokai's name of he "Friendly Isle".

If you have to go here, make sure the kitchen will actually cook what you order before deciding to stay and you end up paying for something you didn't order. The table next to us found out 45 minutes after they ordered the steak dinner that there was no steak. At least we weren't alone in our dining troubles.

2  Thank Liz T
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Excellent chicken dinner - excellent service -clean restaurant - reasonable prices for Molokai -we were there for Hula night performed by local group -all the women received a lei at the end of the show

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We went to Paddler's for dinner, and we were not let down. They had a good menu, and the specials were good, too. We enjoyed our meal. We think this is the best place in Molokai to eat.