1. The view from from the living room and balcony was most spectacular. We spent a lot of time on the balcony to enjoy the view and whale watching.
2. The ground of the Molokai Shores complex was exceptionally well maintained. 3. The the bamboo parquet floor was nice and easy to clean.
4. The well equipped kitchen - a necessity since food is very expensive in Molokai.
5. The beach where you can walk and jog.
6. The shallow sea ridge where you can wade quite a way out.
7. Plentiful hot water. Be careful when you take a shower.
8. Beautiful pottery in the apartment.
9. Clean bedding.
10. Location: easy access to the markets and shops in Kuanakakai and any end of the island.
1. The apartment was cluttered, quite run down and not well maintained
2. The floor was not particularly clean.
3. Traffic noise from the road. I spent most of my stay in the living room or the balcony and slept on the couch in the living room the entire stay.
3. The muddy sea floor is not particularly pleasant to walk on or for snorkeling.
4. Noisy neighbors.
5. Smoking neighbors.
6. Cockroaches in the apartment.
7. Mosquitoes after sundown.
We really enjoyed staying at this condo on Molokai. It was a central location, and had a beautiful view from the lanai. The kitchen was very well equipped and included even the condiments and spices we needed for our cooking. We especially enjoyed seeing a Green Bay Packer schedule on the refrigerator since we are from Wisconsin!
Great location; very clean unit; owner left good notes for amenities, usage, etc. Would definitely stay again, and highly recommend.
We would stay here again! The place is full of character and our host very helpful. The pool and grounds are well-maintained with a great view. We really enjoyed Molokai.
Could not have asked for a better view. We were out on the balcony constantly. The place is VERY cute, has lots of interesting books, collections, and art work which only adds character to the stay. Kitchen is fully equipped. I would definitely seek out staying at this place again in the future.
This was our second trip to Molokai and our first using a vacation rental. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here but noted upon our arrival that the place could use a really good clean out and some relatively minor repairs. 'Clean to the corners' it is not. However, if you can overlook some minor issues and just chill out, this is a great spot to be. The view from the lanai alone makes up for a lot. The long term renters and owners at Molokai Shores are a very congenial group of people and made us very welcome. We were very happy to find a variety of spices and things that we could use as needed and replace or leave something different when we left. However, the fridge could use a really good clean out. The bathroom also could use a new plastic shower curtain and some general repairs and paint. It was a treat to be able to look at Margaret's large variety of books about Molokai as well as books about plants, animals, fish and birds that we might see. The island itself is a wonderful place out of time and we thoroughly enjoyed our time there. Do not go to this island if you want shopping, night life and many organized activities! This is a place of peace and quiet with the most spectacular beaches with very few people on them.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
We stayed at 308 Molokai shores for a couple of days from Oahu. It was our first time in Molokai and what an experience! The condo was wonderful, just as described and shown in the pictures-perhaps even better. A fascinating collection of curiosities to explore and the condo was very comfortable and clean. The Molokai shores resort was lovely with beautiful views and a great sunset. Will definitely be recommending both Molokai and this condo to anyone headed to Hawaii.