“Hot Bread!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Kaunakakai
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Well known bakery on Moloka'i island, Hawaii
Reviewed March 28, 2013

While visiting my sister on Molokai I knew, despite health board issues, that I could not leave without an 11pm visit down the alley to the back door of the bakery for some hot bread with Butter, Cream Cheese, Cinnamon, Blueberry, Strawberry....how could I pick? So i didn't. We got butter and cinnamon one night and Cream Cheese and Strawberry the next and neither dissapointed, as a matter of fact leftovers didn't make it till the morning. We went into a carb coma and watch hawaii five o.
We also bought a "day old bag" don't remember exactly if that was what it was called, but that is what it was. It was filled with various pastry goodness from the day before and WOW...if it is that good a day old I think I would have been in trouble to try it freshly made.
Maybe its just that Nashville bakeries are essentially places you get cupcakes and wedding cakes so my experience with pastries is just limited, but I think this place is just really THAT good!

1  Thank katys862

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Had I known about previous health board issues before coming to Molokai, I might not have stopped in. Although the counter person was not rude, nor rushing us, she wasn't as friendly as some of the people we met while on Molokai.
We bought a bag of the macadamia nut cookies for $8.00. This was a fair price. The cookies were fresh and yummy. Too bad, they didn't have a mixed bag sampling a variety as they were all the same price. There was a rolled thin cinnamon pastry with apple filling. I usually don't buy store baked goods, but it was so good, that I went our last day and bought another. On another occasion, we stopped into the restaurant side for coffee. There wasn't much on the menu to entice me for breakfast, but the place was filled with locals enjoying their meals.

1  Thank coast_to_coast_250
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Hot bread, warm from the oven, split open and filled with cream cheese and strawberry jelly... mmm! There is no way the two of us could eat a whole big loaf between us in one evening (although we were tempted.) So the next day we sliced our strawberry bread and toasted it in our kitchen broiler for dessert. And the next day... And the next day!

We never did go back to see what the place looked like during the day, or from the front door.

1  Thank DonnaFromOklahoma
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were in town and spotted this small bakery. Tried the cinnamon buns, which were delicious.
On certain days of the week, starting at 8 pm, they serve warm loaves of bread, filled with cream cheese and jellies. We had the strawberry and cream cheese. Excellent dessert bread. We willl definately go back again before our trip is over.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Oh, is this just a little bit of carb heaven. What a tasty little place tucked in along the main drag, very friendly counter help (I was very nervous about the vibes on coming to Molokai) and the breads are wonderful. They are what are sustaining us until we find a restaurant that we find appealing. Thankfully we are happy with a sandwich versus a poorly made dinner or lunch. A definite stop on the way to your condo or home away from home.

1  Thank sunshinegirl1964