“Great place to relax and recharge.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Molokai

Hotel Molokai
Ranked #1 of 4 Kaunakakai B&B and Inns
West Warwick, Rhode Island
“Great place to relax and recharge.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

As a solo traveler, I tend to balance my budget. I didn't want to spend the money on a hotel room for 4 nights when I can stay comfortably at a guest house for a fraction of the cost. However, being vacation and all, I did want to treat myself and be able to utilize the hotel amenities, so I stayed at Hotel Molokai on the night of my arrival to the island.

I was pleasantly surprised to have arrived moments before the Monday Manager's happy hour. Michael was very welcoming, as well as the rest of the staff. I really enjoyed relaxing by the pool and especially in the hammocks along the beach. The room was very comfortable, I got a great night's sleep. Earplugs were provided, but not needed. If I hadn't already had other reservations, I would have definitely stayed there longer, and will stay there next time I visit Molokai.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank cpeters220
GMHotelMolokai, General Manager at Hotel Molokai, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Aloha Colleen,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit with us. I’m very pleased that you found me and the rest of the staff to be welcoming. We’re glad you chose to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

808.553.5347 x3398

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Honolulu, Hawaii
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

Booked the only hotel on Molokai. The accommodations were nice and the room was clean. However, our biggest problem was the noise and I mean pretty constant noise for 2 nights straight. Our unit was very near the road and also faced the parking lot. Unfortunately we were there on a Friday night and Hotel Molokai has Hawaiian entertainment on Friday nights which was nice but there were lots of people coming from all over the island, so we could hear cars and people talking for hours. The entertainment ends, however the noise from the highway was constant and into the early morning hours. Also the roosters start crowing around 2:00 a.m.
The so-called continental breakfast was a big thumbs-down, only some pre-packaged muffins (like are sold in Costco) and super over-riped uneatable bananas - such a disappointment.
Had to come back home to get a restful sleep. All in all we were sad not to rate this hotel better, since we are Kamaainas. Maybe if we paid a lot more who could have been by the ocean, but the hotel is expensive to begin with.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank olollyberry
Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Hotel Molokai. I do apologize for any inconvenience you encountered while staying with us. Please know that your feedback is very important to us and we will continue to utilize each guest experience by continuing to improve on our service. We trust that you will give us the opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

At the time we booked our stays for our holiday, this was the only one available. And we didn't regret that. The room was nice, with a patio. For the kind of room you get the prices are pretty high. Especially compared to other Hawaiian islands.

Be sure to rent a car, to explore Molokai. This island is still pure and not spoiled by large hotels.

For a great meal, visit Kualapu'u Cookhouse. We had a delicious meal overthere. They only accept cash.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank m0niekske
Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at Hotel Molokai. Your kind comments about the staff and the room are greatly appreciated. Look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Seymour, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

me and the wife recently stayed at hotel molokai week 4-5-14\4-12-14 loved every bit of it. Very friendly staff and general manager! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone that stays on this island. I have to give a shout out to Pua, because she made our vacation excellent with all the activites we got to do! Got to admit the general manager let us watch the ncca championship game he even joined us in watching the game fun times. This goes out to the general manager, Uconn got lucky!

Thanks for an awesome week on Molokai Island!

2 Thank cmorrison89
Aloha,

I’m very pleased to read this review- Thank you! Your kind comments about the staff and the island itself are very much appreciated. I really enjoyed getting to know you and look forward to welcoming you again. Rock on Uconn!

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Twilight birds chimed in at the open-aired reception area as hostess Puoi welcomed and pleasantly detailed the Hotel Molokai layout and amenities. A short stroll to our room and the bar/pool/ocean view area revealed a boutique island paradise that their web-site photos didn't seem to capture. The grounds and room were meticulous and clean. Manager Michael greeted us in the bar area and served up delicious Mahi-Mahi sandwiches and drinks. Nice early morning continental breakfast, free mainland phone calls from your room, Wi-Fi, pool, gift shop and great views of Lanai! We highly recommend Hotel Molokai and will revisit should our travel compass point to the Magical and Magnificent Island of Molokai again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David N
GMHotelMolokai, General Manager at Hotel Molokai, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Aloha David,

I am pleased and overjoyed to read this review. Your comments about property and the employees are much appreciated.

Molokai is truly Magical and Magnificent and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit.

We hope to see you again

Mahalo
Phone:808.553.5347 x 3398
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

My friend and I stayed this hotel for a couple of nights, and that were our fantastic holidays! We had a bad experience of Expedia for the booking, which Expedia did not fax our reservation to the hotel, and put us on hold for over 1 hour and then finally told us to wait for 4 hours.... that was a very bad start for our vacation there. However, the reception (Great assistants) helped us out very nicely. And made our stay very good! At the bar in this hotel is also great! We had great cocktails there with friendly staffs! They were very funny and we had a wonderful time there. On Monday night we had free drinks at the bar, which was invited by Hotel manager. All of the stuffs in this hotel were very supportive!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mariko2014
GMHotelMolokai, General Manager at Hotel Molokai, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that our staff was able to turn what started out as a negative experience into a positive one! I’m glad that you enjoyed the bar and cocktails, in addition to getting to know the staff.

I appreciate your kind words and will be sure to share them with the team here at Hotel Molokai.

We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to host you again!

Phone: 808.553.5347 x 3398
Email: mdrew@hotelmolokai.com
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

The hotel consists of mostly of A frame cabins with 2 rooms on the bottom and 2 rooms on top. We had a standard 2 BR unit, which was about 250 SF, including a small bathroom. One side of the room was slanted in by the roof. There was a small patio.

There was no AC, but a fan on the wall, which blew on one bed despite my best effort to redirect it. However, it did not cause a problem for us. The beds were firm and comfortable. The furniture was plain, and there was enough closet and drawer space for us.

The lobby was tiny. The breakfast was minimal. It was important to keep the door closed to keep out the tiny bugs. Location was very good. We were not near the road so we didn't hear any of that noise. However, the roosters were actively vocalizing.

Considering the situation, 'average' is the best I can give it.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jed3
Aloha,

While I’m disappointed that you considered your visit with us to be average, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Hotel Molokai. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location and found the bed comfortable.

Thank you again for your comments. If you would like to discuss your visit further, please don’t hesitate to contact me by calling 808.553.5347 Ext. 3398 or emailing mdrew@hotelmolokai.com.

Michael Drew, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kaunakakai
Montage Kapalua Bay
#1 of 3 in Lanai City
MVP - Wavecrest
MVP - Wavecrest
#2 of 4 in Kaunakakai

Been to Hotel Molokai? Share your experiences!