WINNER WONDERLAND

Stillwell's Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Wailuku
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Maui, Hawaii
“#1 Pies and baked goods!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

If you are anywhere close to this bakery-STOP! View the selections of the best pies and baked goods on Maui. Take
several with you for the trip to Hana or just back to the condo

Visited May 2014
1 Thank RE M

“Horrible Customer Service by owner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

I had made arrangements to order a wedding cake for a friend who lives in Washington state and recevied an email from Judy to place a deposit of 50% for wedding cake. They said they dont take credit card over the phone and only except checks. I called to clarify the reasoning to no credit card over the phone and if i was able to send a credit card authorization form via email. keep in mind Judy was assisting with me with this question.

She placed me on hold and Roy, the owner of this company comes on the phone and rudely goes into an explaination that he is the owner and said he sets the policies. Rudly tells me that he its too late to continue on with the wedding cake request for May 12th. He didnt even allow me to explain to him how payment was to be made and continued to speak over me and basically assumed that I didnt have funds in my bank account to accept my check. I dont know how anyone does business with this person and after he took a breath, i explained that he would receive a bank check for the deposit via fedex. Roy then stated he would except the check only if it was paid in full. I had asked to explain why he decided to change is mind on the deposit. He then informs me that he "was ripped off before and will only take a check paid in full", then tells me, "if you know someone who lives here that can come down with a credit card, i'll take that payment as well".

I explained to Roy, I nor the bride lives on Maui or knows anyone on Maui. Then he kept insisting, "how are you going to make the payment then?". I could not believe, how Roy's customer service was. From the beginning I should have seen the red flags on how they deal with customers. I called to get information to order the wedding cake after being referred by a 4 daimond resort in Maui and the gal who answered the phone by the sound of the male voice was Roy, said, "tell her to call back, we are too busy".

I work at a 4 daimond resort and was referred to Stillwell's by another 4 diamond resort located in Maui, and after this I would never recommend any of our guest to someone who does business in this manner.

Its really sad.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank THERESA S
Makawao, Hawaii
“Good food but owner is rude!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

I'm sorry I faxed in my order on the fax order form with out calling first. Why would I not just call in my order instead of faxing. Wow. I must be a total idiot. However, I don't think that I deserved the treatment I received from the owner. I will never set foot in Stillwells EVER again because of how he treated me. I was told that this isn't the mainland and they don't do it that way. I guess because I LOOK haole I MUST be from the mainland, right? Ignorance at its finest!

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Andrea G
Atco, New Jersey
“Great place for a nice takeout meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

Stillwells is a great place to stop in and get GREAT food and dessert. They have a few tables to eat but we always get it to go. Staff are very friendly and quick, with a very good selection.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank atcoSlaters
Red Deer, Canada
“More than just a pretty pie.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

The "homemade" breakfast sandwiches we had were very good - so nice to not eat in a franchise when on a trip. The offerings for breakfast and lunch are almost infinitely variable. Family owned, friendly service, good value, most of the other customers were locals. There are a fabulous range of pastries and puddings to choose from - we only had space for a tiny sample so generous was the breakfast portion

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Huw-Ddu

Been to Stillwell's Bakery & Cafe? Share your experiences!