“Wonderful B&B”

Ranked #1 of 4 Wailuku B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Wonderful B&B”
Reviewed January 15, 2006

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The location allowed for easy access to many parts of the island. The inn was quiet. Our room was tastefully furnished. Highlights included the most comfortable bed we've slept in (including our own at home) and a nice-size shower with multiple nozzles. Even though we missed breakast because of our early excursions, proprietor Janice Fairbanks brought granola and fruit to our room the night before. We definitely plan to stay there on our next trip.

7 Thank TCinSF

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Korean first
Chesapeake
Reviewed January 13, 2006

Spent two nights here near the end of our stay. Well situated in the quiet county seat of Maui near the Iao Valley, this is a nice centrally located inn to explore Maui. We had the small Lehua room, a cozy place with its own private patio and a spacious bathroom. A tasty breakfast is served family style upstairs in the main building at 8 am sharp. Our stay was short but pleasant.

• Stayed December 2005
6 Thank Flying_Rog
Gainesville, FL
Reviewed December 1, 2005

The Old Wailuku Inn and Maui were the third in the list of four islands during our recent three week Hawaiian odyssey. Our room was beautifully decorated and it felt like we were in an old Hawaiian plantation. The gourmet breakfast each morning was delicious and chatting with Janice was so helpful in planning our day. Providing soda, snacks, beach towels and coolers are only a few of the ways the hosts attend to the needs of travellers. I have stayed in many B&Bs and this one is one of the very best. Mahalo, Janice!

• Stayed November 2005
9 Thank abbydabbado
Peachtree City, Georgia
Reviewed October 31, 2005

We arrived late at night in a pouring rain. When we finally passed all the locks to enter our room, I was so happy. The room was flawlessly decorated and spotless. We had a quiet night's sleep, awaking early to the smells of our breakfast cooking and the many birds calling outside our private lanai. Breakfast our first morning there was wonderful (mushroom spinach quiche and papaya fruit cups, with fresh, hot Portugese donuts), though I was sort of disappointed in the waffles the next morning. We saw very little of our hosts, but did spend some quality time with other guests, sitting on the front porch awaiting breakfast. Our room was in the back, away from the noisy street in front (the Hibiscus Room). I would definitely stay there again. It was my first ever Bed and Breakfast.

Stayed October 2005
7 Thank Princess-Gadabout
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 23, 2005

My husband and I were very pleased with our stay at The Old Wailuku Inn. Janice and Tom went out of their way to make our stay a pleasant one. We were offered beach towels and coolers each day. They gave helpful hints for our travels throughout Maui. They even cut up my papayas in the kitchen, which made a wonderful snack after we biked down Haleakala. The Inn and the garden are well-maintained and have a homey Hawaiian feel. Tea, coffee, sodas, and snacks are available in the dining room 24-7. It was wonderful to come home after a long day, make myself a cup of tea, and lounge with my book on the sofa in the living room. I cannot say enough about the breakfasts, either! Each day was more delicious than the one before! We felt that it was an ideal place to stay on the days when you plan to drive to Hana or to see Haleakala. I recommend the Old Wailuku Inn at Olupono without reservation for those who want to feel at home in Janice and Tom's aloha spirit. It is a true gem and a great bargain.

• Stayed October 2005
8 Thank Sewaneegal
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed July 13, 2005

Wonderful. No complaints. None. After my stay as I was checking out, I asked the owner if she ever gets bad reviews or complaints. She smiled and described a complaint she'd seen on the internet. [Not sure if it's the one here or not.] She said she'd just had surgery and could barely walk, so it explained the review about "hardly saw the owner." But nevertheless I told her I would be sure to enter a glowing review. Everything about the inn is wonderful--rooms are gorgeous, toiletries are top notch (AVEDA), tons of towels, high speed internet, luxurious beds and homemade quilts, and terrific breakfasts. The items available to borrow were great too (coolers, lawn chairs, beach mats, Hana tour CD, etc.). They've thought of everything!

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
11 Thank Kallie_chic
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 4, 2005

This review is late coming but the Old Wailuku Inn was a pleasant experience for me. I was a female traveling to Maui alone and I stayed at this end for two nights at the beginning of my trip. The accomodatons were comfortable, spotless, and quiet. I loved the beautiful garden setting. Janice and Tom were exceptional host---helpful in any way and caring. They made my visit to Maui a welcoming experience with a personal added touch. The breakfast was delicious and presented well. The proximity to other points of interest was excellent. Wish I had spent my entire time there--next time I will.

Stayed October 2004
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailuku
Maui Coast Hotel
Montage Kapalua Bay
#1 of 32 in Lahaina
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui

Been to Old Wailuku Inn at Ulupono? Share your experiences!