Our first four nights in Maui were at a large resort in Kanapalli. While it was beautiful, we decided for exploring the Road to Hana we would like to stay in a smaller place with a true island feel. The Old Wailuku Inn provided just the experience we were looking for. We stayed in the lovely Miulana Room in the adjacent cottage to the main house. The next day after our late afternoon arrival we were to leave before breakfast for our tour on the Road to Hana. Our host said we could come to the dining room at 7 for a continental breakfast. Our breakfast turned out to be a fully cooked hot breakfast with scrambled eggs, delicious scone and fresh papaya from the yard.
We appreciated the extra effort Janice put forth to make us feel welcome. We were there for three nights but wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy the surroundings at this beautiful inn. (The shower in our room and the rest of our breakfasts was amazing.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maui's historic Inn. Down to the smallest detail, it represents 1920s Hawaii at its best, intertwined with the conveniences and luxuries the modern travelers expect. Located in the heart of Maui - short drive to beautiful beaches, lush golf courses, great restaurants, shopping centers, and most major visitor attractions. Ten minutes from Kahului Airport. Amenities include: All private Baths, daily maid service, daily changing full two course gourmet breakfast, free wifi, complimentary Parking onsite, no resort fees ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Old Wailuku Inn at Ulupono reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Wailuku Inn At Ulupono Hotel Wailuku
- Old Wailuku Inn At Ulupono Maui