“First and last choice.”

Ranked #1 of 4 Wailuku B&B and Inns
Honolulu
“First and last choice.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Whenever I travel to Maui for Business I'd stay at the Wailuku Inn. This has been going on for a few years. I've even brought my spouse with me because I kept raving about it so much. It is private. It is very comfortable. Location is extremely convenient. Breakfast -as well as the early continental breakfast because of my work- is the icing on the cake. Delicious and 'extravagant'!
After all this time I decided to write a review -before doing so I read the not-so-positive ones and have to believe them as freak exceptions. Not sure how anyone would be disappointed. However, I'm one for privacy so I'm not waiting to get into a deep social conversation with the owners. I just know if there's something I need, I call the phone extension and I'm serviced.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
Oahu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Just wished I had more time to linger over the delicious breakfast. Room was luxurious and comfortable. Everything I could want at my finger tips and I loved the availability of snacks! Location was great. central to everything and Wailuku has some great places to eat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Exceeded our expectations! Best meal that I had on my whole vacation!!!! lovely, clean & historical inn. Janice & Tom are warm & gracious innkeepers.we will surely be returning and recommending the Old Wailuku Inn at Ulupono. Thanks, Greg & Jill Gorgen

• Stayed February 2013
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I am delighted that I decided to stay at the Old Wailuku Inn. The hospitality was outstanding; the breakfasts were excellent. My room (The Ilima Room) was spacious and very clean. Janice and Tom are excellent hosts. The inn is within easy driving to most of the important sights in Maui and is approximately ten minutes' drive to the airport. I thoroughly recommend the Old Wailuku Inn.

Room Tip: The Ilima Room was spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Kapaa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

If you are looking for a centralized (and close to the airport) Maui stay, I would highly recommend this. Tom and Janice have a beautiful place going here and it is even a historical ladmark. Very Hawaiian furnishings and decoration. VERY comfortable bed. Awesome "room for two" shower with wall jets, two handheld heads and a ceiling mounted head as well. Use them one at a time or all at once.

The breakfasts were excellent and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Thanks to the whole family for making us feel like we were a part of it.

Kapaa, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

We enjoyed our stay with Janice and Tom, the innkeepers. We stayed in the Puakenikeni Room which is located in the Vagabond House. Very large room with comfortable king sized bed, wonderful shower, and most important...very clean. The breakfast are not to be missed.

Central Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Lovely setting and great location for traveling to either end of the island and close to airport.
Extremely quiet, very private with old world tropical charm.
Breakfast was fantastic.
Will definately return when we come back to Maui.

Room Tip: Loved the master suite!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailuku
Maui Seaside Hotel
#1 of 3 in Kihei
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,082 reviews
Travaasa Hana, Maui
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui

Been to Old Wailuku Inn at Ulupono? Share your experiences!