“I touched an octopus, swam with turtles, saw a flounder, held an uni & a collecter sea urchin! by Connor-6 yrs old...”
Review of Aqua Adventures

Aqua Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Snorkeling and SNUBA diving to Molokini Crater and Turtle Arches. Check out your photos from your day at aquamotionimages.com
Reviewed May 29, 2010

This is our second trip with Dan and company - my boys love the crew, especially Glenn and Anne - very kid friendly and quaint! Definitely a very relaxed setting and the crew is amazing with first timer snorklers and snuba divers!

All reviews
in 16 reviews
"great trip"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed May 19, 2010

Our family was in Maui for a wedding. We booked this tour last minute, based on the recommendation of a surfing instructor the day before. My husband and I travel quite often, and have done many excursions, but this one takes the cake!!!!!

The crew was very friendly, low key, and informative. I felt like I was on a friends boat and not a paid excursion. I had the Bride to be's mother on the trip with us, and she unfortunately got sea sick. The crew (all of them) took time to make sure that she was ok, I felt that they genuinely cared.

The tour was great! lots of fish and plenty of turtles! One of the crew, whom is a marine biologist, even tried to help save a turtle snagged with fishing line.

I can't say enough about the service, knowlege, and down to earth demeanor of our crew that day. Lynette, the videographer, injured her finger and even kept filming underwater to make sure that she had everyone on camera. Who knew a plastic fork and duct tape could pass for triage!!!! You go girl! This crew truely loves what they do, and I could feel it. To me, that makes all the difference in the world!
Aqua Adventure Rocks!!!!!!
Shelli, Cameron, Mitchel, Miranda
Dallas, TX

2  Thank skyhag11
Reviewed March 25, 2010

You are in the hands of professionals here. My wife and I went on this tour. All the people are very friendly and accommodating. Everything is very well run. We rented wetsuits for $5 more each or so, which I would highly recommend. We didn't buy the DVD, but there was no pressure to do so. The food they serve is some fresh fruit and bagels in the morning. At lunch they provide some sub buns, and a bunch of deli meats and lettuce so you can make your own sub. Delicious. Chocolate chip cookies on the way home later. Soft drinks and alcohol were served on the way back. We probably spent about 1/2 - 45 minutes at the crater, then another 1/2 hour - 45 minutes at the turtle spot. The fish at the crater were spectacular! We probably saw 20 turtles at the turtle spot. The turtle spot is *not* "Turtle Town" so it was just us, no other boats. They have a guide that goes snorkeling with you if you want to follow him. I guess they saw a reef shark at the crater. I had a blast just going on my own. Loads of beutifully colored fish. Our hotel was just down the beach so we snorkeled at Black Rock a few times. Molokini is worth the trip.

1  Thank Rich R
Reviewed November 14, 2009

As we planned our trip to Maui, we decided a snorkeling trip was going to be our big "splurge." We chose Aqua Adventures snorkel/snuba because we did not want to be packed onto a boat and have to maneuver through a crowd all morning. It was the best choice we could've made! Captain Dan and the crew were great! The staff was so friendly and knowledgeable! The boat and equipment were well-maintained. There were only about 10 people on our tour and we received plenty of personal attention. We were even able to snuba at both locations (for an additional charge). The crew worked together well and the whole experience went smoothly.

When we boarded the boat, there was a review of safety information and a continental breakfast of bagels, danishes, and juice was served. The crew let out fishing lines, but didn't catch anything on the ride out. There was a brief snuba lesson on our way to Molokini crater. We arrived there well ahead of the larger boats!

Snuba was really easy and Ann was there to make sure you were doing ok. The only thing I would suggest would be to not let this be your first experience in the water for your vacation. Practice snorkeling beforehand at the hotel beach so that you have your breathing down so you don't have to waste any time here. I had to hold my nose for a bit, but I never felt scared or worried because Ann would check on me regularly. She also did a great job of pointing out anthing of interest that she came across, including an octopus. She had taught us signals and also had a board to write on underwater. After our snuba experience, we had plenty of time to snorkel. They even had "noodles" available to float around on. There were so many fish and the water was so clear! We were able to snorkel at Black Rock also, but it did not compare to the experience of snorkeling in a crater.

We moved on to Turtle Town just as the bigger boats were arriving at Molokini crater. Great timing! They put the fishing lines out again, but no luck. Because of the small group, we were able to choose to snuba again and then snorkel afterwards. Ann got us ready to go and even asked questions about the first experience to see if we needed to make any changes in our equipment. There were turtles everywhere! Again, Ann pointed to interesting things/creatures and made sure we were ok.

On the way back, a deli lunch was served. There were a variety of meats, cheeses, veggies, and condiments as well as chips and chocolate chip cookies. Everything was very fresh and set out nicely. Soda and juice were offered and alcohol was also available now that we had finished swimming.

We had rented wetsuits, but did not feel pressured in any way. We also opted to purchase the video because of the great job that Joy was doing during our trip. She filmed us on the boat and under water. I even noticed her swimming on the bottom finding animals to film that we might not have seen. We are expecting it in the mail any time now.

If you are trying to decide on a snuba/snorkel cruise, you will have a great experience with Aqua Adventures!

2  Thank amymob
See more reviews
Reviewed November 11, 2009

We were fortunate to book our trip through Auntie snorkel in Kihei, what an amazing trip, the crew,as has been said before, but rightly so, were briliant, very friendly and helpful. Snorkling at Molokini crater was awesome! The crew helped in the water and checked to make sure you were not only safe but enjoying the experience, i highly recomend getting the DVD they produce as the editing and quality is the best! It is mailed and we received ours in England about four weeks later, well worth the money for the wonderful memories and the personal service we got from all the crew was great, much better than i`m sure we would have got from the larger charters that we saw at the crater. We then went to Turtle town for another equally excellent snorkell with turtles swimming around us. We highly recomend this company for this amazing trip.