“AMAZING!! A Maui must do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mendes Ranch

Maui Horseback-Riding Tour with Optional BBQ Lunch
Ranked #4 of 46 things to do in Wailuku
leeds. england
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“AMAZING!! A Maui must do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

this was the 2nd of the two rides we took part in whilst staying on Maui, unfortunately we had not booked ahead and they were fully booked, but an amazing lady called Crystal worked tirelessly to ensure that we got on a ride before we left the island.

before the ride we were greeted with drinks and an amazing BBQ (which you must do!) After we had eaten, we were taken to the horses, and separated into groups. The ride itself was brilliant, I am quite an experienced rider and so loved galloping up the mountain, however, if you are not overly confident, I would not take the option to gallop, as the horses are strong, it is hard work, and very risky.

The horses were gorgeous (I rode Quicksmoke), the route was beautiful, and our leader was great, really chatty and friendly.

Had I thought about it I would've taken water, as it was warm and dusty, and I was dying for a drink by the end! Please take the option of wearing a helmet, I've been riding for 15 years and would never suggest anyone do a route like that without one. Also, the route is dusty, due to the nature of the soil, but you won't be wearing your sunday best, so it doesn't matter.

You must do this ride, it's amazing!

Visited July 2012

Maui
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The ATV's were easy to drive.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

A friend and I recently did a trip out to Mendes Ranch to check out there new ATV Tour. I've done the horseback ride before many times and have always liked the authentic feel of the ranch. The weather out there can be pretty hit or miss but we got lucky with a nice day. It was a bit dusty out on the trails but nothing that was intense enough to have any effect on how much I enjoyed the trip. I got some good clips with my gopro that you can see at: http://www.tombarefoot.com/info/mendes_ranch_ATV.html#agencyid=6034

Curious to know if anyone that has gone on a rainy day knows if there are any good mud pits that you got to ride through?

Corona, California
4 attraction reviews
“Riding along the trails overlooking the coastline in Maui made me feel like a kid again. A dream come true.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

You guys rock. The BBQ lunch was fantastic your staff and ranchhands and the tour guides were awesome. My granddaughter rode for her first time an Trevor kept her at ease the entire time. She's only 7yrs old but defiantly an up and coming cowgirl!! Thanks for such an awesome time!! I will be back!!!..Sherry Melancon

Tucson, Arizona
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great family trail ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Our son and his family took a trail ride at the Mendes Ranch while I enjoyed reading on the deck. They said it was the best they had ever been on and they wanted me to write a review. Our granddaughters, age 13, 11, and 6 went in the same group as their mother. The guide told the 6-year-old that she would be the leader along with him (on her own horse) and she was thrilled about that. They all told me afterward that they saw gorgeous scenery as they rode along the trail, and at a couple of points they could canter, which they had never done before. All very exciting to them. They highly recommend this place and the cowboys who lead the rides and they plan to go there the next time we are on Maui.

2 Thank pimagrandma
Boston, Massachusetts
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“views alone make this worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Spent a beautiful and fun day at Mendes. The location is simply not to be believed. You will get what you expect from the ranch horses and I found them to be docile, well-trained and compliant. The guides were great, lots of focus on safety and they did a good job of matching horses to skill sets and then keeping the horses in line (figuratively speaking). My horse broke and ran up a hill unexpectedly and my guide talked me through the entire ten second experience which turned out to be great fun. The views are ridiculous. Lunch was delicious. One of the best afternoons we spent on Maui.

Visited March 2013